Hindringham proud in defeat
Cromer Town 2, Hindringham 1Hindringham can be proud of this performance, even though the result did not go their way after they went into the final 20 minutes a goal up.
Cromer Town 2, Hindringham 1
Hindringham can be proud of this performance, even though the result did not go their way after they went into the final 20 minutes a goal up.
The battle to stay in Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination's top flight continues on Saturday with Brandon at The Elms (kick-off 2.30pm), meet 1.30pm.
Hindringham made the short trip to the coast to face a Cromer side on a surface which was a little rough and heavy, and with a strong wind going down the pitch. They knew that they would have to defend well to gain anything from the game.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Marcus Oliver made one change with the returning Craig East replacing himself, Gary Belton returning to the bench after injury.
Hindringham started with the wind at their backs and put pressure on a flat Cromer back four, with Coslett and Tagg controlling the midfield they created chances for the dangerous West and Betts. They worked their socks off all afternoon, not giving the Crabs a moment's peace.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 3 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 4 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 7 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
- 8 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 9 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 10 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
Betts shot wide from the edge of the area and East was unlucky not to score after good work from Clipston. Chilvers dragged a shot wide. In between Osler pulled of a great save after Cromer threatened.
Then the chance of the half came just before half-time, West broke clean through, but instead of shooting with only the keeper to beat he squared the ball to Coslett, who was tackled and Cromer cleared for a corner.
In the second half Hindringham had their backs to the wall, but Cromer struggled to break down the Hindringham defence. Then on a counter-attack, from a Gibson long ball, West broke through and coolly slotted past the keeper to give Hindringham the lead.
With about 20 minutes remaining Hindringham could not hold out and conceded twice from corners.