Hindringham Reserves denied victory by late penalty
Hindringham Res 2, Thorpe Rovers 2
With morale in the team low after some poor results, Shane Vertigan stepped down from the first team to try and get things back on track.
Fielding a young side, Hindringham started well, trying to play passing football. Rovers were also causing problems and Clarke in goal had to be at his best during the first half, making some great saves.
Hindringham went ahead midway through the half when Adam Buckenham put in a great cross for Piggot to score at the back post.
They scored again when Savory won a header for Heslin to run on to and make it 2-0 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Thorpe improved and eventually their pressure told as they scored.
With only one minute left Thorpe were awarded a penalty for handball, and Clarke was given no chance from the spot-kick.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
On Saturday the reserves are away to Bradenham Wanderers Reserves.