Hindringham Reserves denied victory by late penalty
Hindringham Res 2, Thorpe Rovers 2
With morale in the team low after some poor results, Shane Vertigan stepped down from the first team to try and get things back on track.
Fielding a young side, Hindringham started well, trying to play passing football. Rovers were also causing problems and Clarke in goal had to be at his best during the first half, making some great saves.
Hindringham went ahead midway through the half when Adam Buckenham put in a great cross for Piggot to score at the back post.
They scored again when Savory won a header for Heslin to run on to and make it 2-0 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Thorpe improved and eventually their pressure told as they scored.
With only one minute left Thorpe were awarded a penalty for handball, and Clarke was given no chance from the spot-kick.
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 8 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
On Saturday the reserves are away to Bradenham Wanderers Reserves.