Hindringham Reserves denied victory by late penalty
Hindringham Res 2, Thorpe Rovers 2
With morale in the team low after some poor results, Shane Vertigan stepped down from the first team to try and get things back on track.
Fielding a young side, Hindringham started well, trying to play passing football. Rovers were also causing problems and Clarke in goal had to be at his best during the first half, making some great saves.
Hindringham went ahead midway through the half when Adam Buckenham put in a great cross for Piggot to score at the back post.
They scored again when Savory won a header for Heslin to run on to and make it 2-0 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Thorpe improved and eventually their pressure told as they scored.
With only one minute left Thorpe were awarded a penalty for handball, and Clarke was given no chance from the spot-kick.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
On Saturday the reserves are away to Bradenham Wanderers Reserves.