Hindringham Reserves denied victory by late penalty
Hindringham Res 2, Thorpe Rovers 2
With morale in the team low after some poor results, Shane Vertigan stepped down from the first team to try and get things back on track.
Fielding a young side, Hindringham started well, trying to play passing football. Rovers were also causing problems and Clarke in goal had to be at his best during the first half, making some great saves.
Hindringham went ahead midway through the half when Adam Buckenham put in a great cross for Piggot to score at the back post.
They scored again when Savory won a header for Heslin to run on to and make it 2-0 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Thorpe improved and eventually their pressure told as they scored.
With only one minute left Thorpe were awarded a penalty for handball, and Clarke was given no chance from the spot-kick.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies
On Saturday the reserves are away to Bradenham Wanderers Reserves.