Hindringham's morale booster
Sheringham 2, Hindringham 0HINDRINGHAM travelled to the Sterry Cup favourites struggling for a side. Youngster Frazer Cameron was drafted in for his first senior start up front.
Sheringham 2, Hindringham 0
HINDRINGHAM travelled to the Sterry Cup favourites struggling for a side. Youngster Frazer Cameron was drafted in for his first senior start up front.
Hindringham converted back to 4-4-2, aiming to stay solid against the league leaders. Hindringham started slowly and allowed the Shannocks to mount a number of dangerous attacks. But with some last-ditch defending and great keeping from Richard Osler, Hindringham kept them at bay, playing on the counter-attack, Scott Gray causing the Sheringham back four problems all afternoon.
After a long spell of home pressure, the ball fell to a striker who slotted past the helpless Osler.
Chilvers smashed a shot from distance against the Sheringham bar and Hindringham forced four dangerous corners in a row. But on the stroke of half-time, Sheringham converted a penalty.
Second half Hindringham pinned Sheringham back and created a number of chances, Gray hitting the bar with the keeper well beaten, West and Clipston both going close.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
Hindringham defended for their lives and can be proud of a second-half performance which should have produced at least one goal.
Manager Darryl Parsley said: “Once the boys realised they could hold their own against the best team in the league, we asked questions of them and on another day would have got something. But we now have two massive back-to-back games, for which they have set the standard with that second-half performance.”
Next, Watton away, 2.30 ko, meet Bistro 12.30. Then on Wednesday, Holt away, 7.30 ko.