Hope for New Year racing at Fakenham
Dominic Chessum Officials will decide tomorrow morning whether New Year's Day racing at Fakenham will go ahead.Recent frosts have meant that parts of the course have been frozen and a midday inspection today left clerk of the course David Hunter with enough hope to call for a final inspection at 7.
Officials will decide tomorrow morning whether New Year's Day racing at Fakenham will go ahead.
Recent frosts have meant that parts of the course have been frozen and a midday inspection today left clerk of the course David Hunter with enough hope to call for a final inspection at 7.30am tomorrow.
He said he felt that there was a 50/50 chance of racing going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Provided that the weather forecast remains as predicted we are in with a fighting chance.
“At midday today there was still a bit of frost in some places which would have meant we would not have been able to race today.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
“We have no frost forecast and we should have some cloud cover so we will give it our best shot.
“Any frost at all would put the kibosh on us.
“It is nearly three degrees at present so the frost is slowly coming out of the ground. We couldn't call it off yet.”
Check the EDP website early tomorrow for an update of the situation at the racecourse.