Injuries force Fakenham II match to be abandoned
Fakenham II 43, Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 7
Fakenham II played their first match of the season on Saturday against Lowestoft and Yarmouth III.
Neither side were quite able to field a full side due to injuries, Fakenham starting with 14 men to Lowestoft’s 13. The first few minutes of the game were even with Lowestoft’s skill being matched by Fakenham’s power and it looked as though a really good game of grassroots rugby was in store.
Alas it was not to be as injuries to both sides steadily reduced the number of players, unfortunately not in a balanced manner as gaps in the Lowestoft defence were used to advantage by Fakenham on numerous occasions.
Eventually it was agreed to abandon the game at half-time to avoid further injuries, leaving Fakenham winners by 43-7 with Colin Marshall, Ollie Hammond and Ben Sagger all scoring two tries each, Brad Howe with one and J Green converting four of the attempts.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday Fakenham II are away to Wymondham III (3pm).
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop