Injuries force Fakenham II match to be abandoned
Fakenham II 43, Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 7
Fakenham II played their first match of the season on Saturday against Lowestoft and Yarmouth III.
Neither side were quite able to field a full side due to injuries, Fakenham starting with 14 men to Lowestoft’s 13. The first few minutes of the game were even with Lowestoft’s skill being matched by Fakenham’s power and it looked as though a really good game of grassroots rugby was in store.
Alas it was not to be as injuries to both sides steadily reduced the number of players, unfortunately not in a balanced manner as gaps in the Lowestoft defence were used to advantage by Fakenham on numerous occasions.
Eventually it was agreed to abandon the game at half-time to avoid further injuries, leaving Fakenham winners by 43-7 with Colin Marshall, Ollie Hammond and Ben Sagger all scoring two tries each, Brad Howe with one and J Green converting four of the attempts.
This Saturday Fakenham II are away to Wymondham III (3pm).
- 1 Fakenham's festive tractors set to return
- 2 What impact is new variant having on Christmas party bookings
- 3 Fakenham Firefighters raise close to £12,000 for charity
- 4 Hundreds gather for return of Wells Christmas Tide Festival
- 5 How are businesses feeling about the threat of Omicron?
- 6 'Disgusted' - Fakenham pubs react to alleged lockdown-busting party
- 7 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 8 PICTURES: Holkham Hall decorated in stunning fashion for Christmas
- 9 Fancy dress runners brave elements for Pensthorpe festive 5K
- 10 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres