Injuries force Fakenham II match to be abandoned
Fakenham II 43, Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 7
Fakenham II played their first match of the season on Saturday against Lowestoft and Yarmouth III.
Neither side were quite able to field a full side due to injuries, Fakenham starting with 14 men to Lowestoft’s 13. The first few minutes of the game were even with Lowestoft’s skill being matched by Fakenham’s power and it looked as though a really good game of grassroots rugby was in store.
Alas it was not to be as injuries to both sides steadily reduced the number of players, unfortunately not in a balanced manner as gaps in the Lowestoft defence were used to advantage by Fakenham on numerous occasions.
Eventually it was agreed to abandon the game at half-time to avoid further injuries, leaving Fakenham winners by 43-7 with Colin Marshall, Ollie Hammond and Ben Sagger all scoring two tries each, Brad Howe with one and J Green converting four of the attempts.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday Fakenham II are away to Wymondham III (3pm).
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid