Injuries force Fakenham II match to be abandoned
Fakenham II 43, Lowestoft & Yarmouth III 7
Fakenham II played their first match of the season on Saturday against Lowestoft and Yarmouth III.
Neither side were quite able to field a full side due to injuries, Fakenham starting with 14 men to Lowestoft’s 13. The first few minutes of the game were even with Lowestoft’s skill being matched by Fakenham’s power and it looked as though a really good game of grassroots rugby was in store.
Alas it was not to be as injuries to both sides steadily reduced the number of players, unfortunately not in a balanced manner as gaps in the Lowestoft defence were used to advantage by Fakenham on numerous occasions.
Eventually it was agreed to abandon the game at half-time to avoid further injuries, leaving Fakenham winners by 43-7 with Colin Marshall, Ollie Hammond and Ben Sagger all scoring two tries each, Brad Howe with one and J Green converting four of the attempts.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday Fakenham II are away to Wymondham III (3pm).
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 5 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead