Kett claims a notable win for North Norfolk Beach Runners
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk Beach Runners put themselves about to some effect at the weekend.
Star performer was Andy Kett who led all the way to win the Bungay Black Dog Marathon in a time of 2:55.04.
Other Beach Runners in the field of 177 included Ivan Allen (M50-59) in 4:15.01 and Janice Hall and Hazel Wray (both F45-54) who finished together in 4:45.34.
Another securing a first was Phil J Hurr who won the V60 category in the Diss (biking and running) Duathlon.
Further afield Jim Hayes (71) came fifth out of 23 runners in the V70 category (and 4,110th overall among 8,686 finishers) in the Great Manchester Marathon, in an outstanding time of 3:58.42, adding weight to his campaign for a V70 category to be a standard inclusion for all races.
You may also want to watch:
Jim will again competing in the Ekiden Marathon Relay at Woodbridge on July 16 as part of the NNBR SuperSeventies team.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis