Kett claims a notable win for North Norfolk Beach Runners
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk Beach Runners put themselves about to some effect at the weekend.
Star performer was Andy Kett who led all the way to win the Bungay Black Dog Marathon in a time of 2:55.04.
Other Beach Runners in the field of 177 included Ivan Allen (M50-59) in 4:15.01 and Janice Hall and Hazel Wray (both F45-54) who finished together in 4:45.34.
Another securing a first was Phil J Hurr who won the V60 category in the Diss (biking and running) Duathlon.
Further afield Jim Hayes (71) came fifth out of 23 runners in the V70 category (and 4,110th overall among 8,686 finishers) in the Great Manchester Marathon, in an outstanding time of 3:58.42, adding weight to his campaign for a V70 category to be a standard inclusion for all races.
You may also want to watch:
Jim will again competing in the Ekiden Marathon Relay at Woodbridge on July 16 as part of the NNBR SuperSeventies team.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 8 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county