Kett claims a notable win for North Norfolk Beach Runners
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk Beach Runners put themselves about to some effect at the weekend.
Star performer was Andy Kett who led all the way to win the Bungay Black Dog Marathon in a time of 2:55.04.
Other Beach Runners in the field of 177 included Ivan Allen (M50-59) in 4:15.01 and Janice Hall and Hazel Wray (both F45-54) who finished together in 4:45.34.
Another securing a first was Phil J Hurr who won the V60 category in the Diss (biking and running) Duathlon.
Further afield Jim Hayes (71) came fifth out of 23 runners in the V70 category (and 4,110th overall among 8,686 finishers) in the Great Manchester Marathon, in an outstanding time of 3:58.42, adding weight to his campaign for a V70 category to be a standard inclusion for all races.
You may also want to watch:
Jim will again competing in the Ekiden Marathon Relay at Woodbridge on July 16 as part of the NNBR SuperSeventies team.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 7 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 8 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms