Kett claims a notable win for North Norfolk Beach Runners
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk Beach Runners put themselves about to some effect at the weekend.
Star performer was Andy Kett who led all the way to win the Bungay Black Dog Marathon in a time of 2:55.04.
Other Beach Runners in the field of 177 included Ivan Allen (M50-59) in 4:15.01 and Janice Hall and Hazel Wray (both F45-54) who finished together in 4:45.34.
Another securing a first was Phil J Hurr who won the V60 category in the Diss (biking and running) Duathlon.
Further afield Jim Hayes (71) came fifth out of 23 runners in the V70 category (and 4,110th overall among 8,686 finishers) in the Great Manchester Marathon, in an outstanding time of 3:58.42, adding weight to his campaign for a V70 category to be a standard inclusion for all races.
You may also want to watch:
Jim will again competing in the Ekiden Marathon Relay at Woodbridge on July 16 as part of the NNBR SuperSeventies team.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one