Kings out of national pairs
Fakenham Gallow's bowlers Mervyn and Suzanne King failed to progress in the EIBA National Mixed Pairs at Northampton, going out in the second round.Gallow ladies have been playing the finals of their club competitions.
Fakenham Gallow's bowlers Mervyn and Suzanne King failed to progress in the EIBA National Mixed Pairs at Northampton, going out in the second round.
Gallow ladies have been playing the finals of their club competitions. In the singles, Cheryl Lincoln won against Gill Savory. In the triples, Janet Rix, Betty Bidewell and Viv Howe beat Ann Leverett, Pauline Frost and Josie Wright. The fours was won by Ann Leverett, Bev Marsters, Suzanne King and Josie Wright against Janet Rix, Betty Bidewell, Marlene Painter and Viv Howe.
The Gallow men's B team played at home against North Walsham B and won 84-73 (5-2 points.)
R Preston, P Chumbley, D Vaughan and K Mallett won 30-10 which helped secure the aggregate. I Routh, J Hatton, J Wilkinson M Leverett won 22-21; J Miller, E Pitkin, H Kirby and B Dickinson lost 20-26; P Pitkin, P Rayner, B Barnes and C Whiteside lost 12-16.
You may also want to watch:
The Gallow Ladies B team had two very good wins. At home to Pentney Ladies B they won 59-34 (7-1) and at home to Lakeside Swans they won 64-50 (7-1.).
D Randall, C Lincoln, J Green won 20-9; E Fickling, R Owen, S Burlingham won 17-12; M Lewis, M Whiteside, M Bowyer won 13-11; G Savory, D Tuck, D Ramm lost 14-18.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
Dereham IBC A visited North Walsham C, recording a 6-1 points victory (110-53), which ensures that the A team will win Division Five.
Rinks scores: C Cook, A Mobbs, C Taylor, D Abbs 39-6; R Pitt, P Hunter, G Swindell, R Rudling 34-10; J Lacey, A Dagles, S Allcock, P Fern 27-16; J Hunt, P Chapman, M Walpole, D Norton 10-21.