Kings out of national pairs
Fakenham Gallow's bowlers Mervyn and Suzanne King failed to progress in the EIBA National Mixed Pairs at Northampton, going out in the second round.Gallow ladies have been playing the finals of their club competitions.
Fakenham Gallow's bowlers Mervyn and Suzanne King failed to progress in the EIBA National Mixed Pairs at Northampton, going out in the second round.
Gallow ladies have been playing the finals of their club competitions. In the singles, Cheryl Lincoln won against Gill Savory. In the triples, Janet Rix, Betty Bidewell and Viv Howe beat Ann Leverett, Pauline Frost and Josie Wright. The fours was won by Ann Leverett, Bev Marsters, Suzanne King and Josie Wright against Janet Rix, Betty Bidewell, Marlene Painter and Viv Howe.
The Gallow men's B team played at home against North Walsham B and won 84-73 (5-2 points.)
R Preston, P Chumbley, D Vaughan and K Mallett won 30-10 which helped secure the aggregate. I Routh, J Hatton, J Wilkinson M Leverett won 22-21; J Miller, E Pitkin, H Kirby and B Dickinson lost 20-26; P Pitkin, P Rayner, B Barnes and C Whiteside lost 12-16.
You may also want to watch:
The Gallow Ladies B team had two very good wins. At home to Pentney Ladies B they won 59-34 (7-1) and at home to Lakeside Swans they won 64-50 (7-1.).
D Randall, C Lincoln, J Green won 20-9; E Fickling, R Owen, S Burlingham won 17-12; M Lewis, M Whiteside, M Bowyer won 13-11; G Savory, D Tuck, D Ramm lost 14-18.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
Dereham IBC A visited North Walsham C, recording a 6-1 points victory (110-53), which ensures that the A team will win Division Five.
Rinks scores: C Cook, A Mobbs, C Taylor, D Abbs 39-6; R Pitt, P Hunter, G Swindell, R Rudling 34-10; J Lacey, A Dagles, S Allcock, P Fern 27-16; J Hunt, P Chapman, M Walpole, D Norton 10-21.