Kings out of national pairs
Fakenham Gallow's bowlers Mervyn and Suzanne King failed to progress in the EIBA National Mixed Pairs at Northampton, going out in the second round.Gallow ladies have been playing the finals of their club competitions.
Fakenham Gallow's bowlers Mervyn and Suzanne King failed to progress in the EIBA National Mixed Pairs at Northampton, going out in the second round.
Gallow ladies have been playing the finals of their club competitions. In the singles, Cheryl Lincoln won against Gill Savory. In the triples, Janet Rix, Betty Bidewell and Viv Howe beat Ann Leverett, Pauline Frost and Josie Wright. The fours was won by Ann Leverett, Bev Marsters, Suzanne King and Josie Wright against Janet Rix, Betty Bidewell, Marlene Painter and Viv Howe.
The Gallow men's B team played at home against North Walsham B and won 84-73 (5-2 points.)
R Preston, P Chumbley, D Vaughan and K Mallett won 30-10 which helped secure the aggregate. I Routh, J Hatton, J Wilkinson M Leverett won 22-21; J Miller, E Pitkin, H Kirby and B Dickinson lost 20-26; P Pitkin, P Rayner, B Barnes and C Whiteside lost 12-16.
The Gallow Ladies B team had two very good wins. At home to Pentney Ladies B they won 59-34 (7-1) and at home to Lakeside Swans they won 64-50 (7-1.).
D Randall, C Lincoln, J Green won 20-9; E Fickling, R Owen, S Burlingham won 17-12; M Lewis, M Whiteside, M Bowyer won 13-11; G Savory, D Tuck, D Ramm lost 14-18.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 2 Sadness as former sailing school set to be demolished for homes
- 3 Covid rates drop by up to 43pc across all areas of Norfolk
- 4 Photographer captures stunning image of town's hidden gem
- 5 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 6 Two Land Rovers overturn on A148
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 Inaugural Pride of Wells awards announced to 'honour the legends'
- 9 Celebration to mark 100 years since restoration of famous religious shrine
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated
Dereham IBC A visited North Walsham C, recording a 6-1 points victory (110-53), which ensures that the A team will win Division Five.
Rinks scores: C Cook, A Mobbs, C Taylor, D Abbs 39-6; R Pitt, P Hunter, G Swindell, R Rudling 34-10; J Lacey, A Dagles, S Allcock, P Fern 27-16; J Hunt, P Chapman, M Walpole, D Norton 10-21.