Ladies' football team launched
FOR the first time in their history Foulsham FC have a ladies' football team, many of whom are playing football for the first time.The club motto is 'have fun and enjoy yourself' and that proved to be the case when Foulsham were faced their first game against a very strong, organised, yet sporting team in Swanton from Lowestoft.
FOR the first time in their history Foulsham FC have a ladies' football team, many of whom are playing football for the first time.
The club motto is 'have fun and enjoy yourself' and that proved to be the case when Foulsham were faced their first game against a very strong, organised, yet sporting team in Swanton from Lowestoft.
The Foulsham Ladies were obviously nervous at the start, especially as many of the Foulsham club turned out to support them along with family and friends. But they began to relax a little and enjoy themselves despite losing. They got on the scoresheet, however.
Foulsham's only goal came from Jess Shand who in the second half ran at goal and from outside the penalty area shot into the top corner. It was a goal that most of the lads in the club would have been proud of.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone 15 or over is interested in being part of the club, training is on Thursdays 7 to 9pm, or you can log on to www.clubwebsite.co.uk/foulshamfc/ to find out more information about Foulsham FC and contact details.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance