Late goal costs Hindringham
Hindringham 1, Long Stratton 2Hindringham entertained a side who had an outside chance of promotion, and manager West again reshuffled the pack to give everyone a game.
Hindringham 1, Long Stratton 2
Hindringham entertained a side who had an outside chance of promotion, and manager West again reshuffled the pack to give everyone a game. They started brightly and created chances, Pask and Gray both going close. But the game was mainly contained around the midfield area, and neither side really took control, with the ball up in the air most of the half.
The second half continued in much the same vein, Long Stratton had a decent spell and scored a well worked goal. But Hindringham responsed. From a Pask free-kick, Gray rose highest to send a bullet header over the line (pictured).
But Hindringham did not go on from there and allowed Stratton to score late on. Hindringham's Pask had the ball in the net after a good team move, only to see the lineman's flag up.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham entertain St Johns on Saturday, ko 2pm. Midweek they drew 1-1 at Holt.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27