Late goal costs Hindringham
Hindringham 1, Long Stratton 2Hindringham entertained a side who had an outside chance of promotion, and manager West again reshuffled the pack to give everyone a game.
Hindringham 1, Long Stratton 2
Hindringham entertained a side who had an outside chance of promotion, and manager West again reshuffled the pack to give everyone a game. They started brightly and created chances, Pask and Gray both going close. But the game was mainly contained around the midfield area, and neither side really took control, with the ball up in the air most of the half.
The second half continued in much the same vein, Long Stratton had a decent spell and scored a well worked goal. But Hindringham responsed. From a Pask free-kick, Gray rose highest to send a bullet header over the line (pictured).
But Hindringham did not go on from there and allowed Stratton to score late on. Hindringham's Pask had the ball in the net after a good team move, only to see the lineman's flag up.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham entertain St Johns on Saturday, ko 2pm. Midweek they drew 1-1 at Holt.
- 1 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 2 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 3 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 4 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 6 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 7 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand