Late goal denies Seasiders
Wells Town 1, St Andrews 2THE neutral supporter would never have known this was top against bottom of the Anglian Combination Division One as both sides looked to play football.
Wells Town 1, St Andrews 2
THE neutral supporter would never have known this was top against bottom of the Anglian Combination Division One as both sides looked to play football.
Waters for leaders the Saints flashed an early shot across the Wells goal. The Seasiders then had a couple of chances to break the deadlock, Saints clearing for a corner, Grocott heading home the
flag-kick to give Wells the advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Wells knew the visitors would attack straight from the start of the second period, and they coul;d not stop the equaliser on 48 minutes, Layton slotting home a loose ball.
The match looked as though it was heading towards a draw when Waters slotted home the winner on 85 minutes.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 4 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
Wells Town's next match is against Long Stratton away on Saturday at 2pm
Easton 5, Wells Reserves 1
THE Seasiders held onto a 1-1 scoreline until the last 15 minutes when the hosts scored four quick goals, Ryan Pink the scorer.
Wells Reserves' next match is against Newton Flotman at home on Saturdayat 2.30pm.