Late penalty gives Fakenham rugby win
Fakenham II 11, Norwich IV 10
RUGBY: Fakenham built on last week’s success over Watton to record their second win in Merit Table Three in this hard-fought encounter.
The visitors arrived in good form and took an early lead with a well-worked try out wide. Fakenham’s resolute defence kept the visitors at bay before a well-worked backs move saw young Alex Long cross on the wing for his first try in Fakenham colours.
Norwich hit back with another try at the start of the second half and the Fakenham boys had to rally with old heads Wheeler, Hogg and Price leading by example.
With 15 minutes to go the visitors still held the lead despite some strong attacking moves from Fakenham. Then veteran match-winner House replaced the injured Clay.
You may also want to watch:
He calmly converted a penalty. This strengthened Fakenham’s resolve and their pressure paid off with a 40m penalty in the dying seconds.
Again it was the cool-headed House who slotted the ball over to give Fakenham the win they so richly deserved.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
Assistant manager Paul Richardson was ecstatic with the result and praised Fakenham for their commitment, particularly in their tackling.
MoM: Alex Long.