Little joy for Fakenham cricketers
Fakenham suffered a five-wicket home EAPL defeat by Bury.Sri Lankan Gayan Wijekoon (68) and Ben Harvey (59) hit half-centuries as Fakenham managed 225 for nine from 66 overs, with Tom Rash picking up five wickets.
Fakenham suffered a five-wicket home EAPL defeat by Bury.
Sri Lankan Gayan Wijekoon (68) and Ben Harvey (59) hit half-centuries as Fakenham managed 225 for nine from 66 overs, with Tom Rash picking up five wickets.
Openers Sean Cooper (32) and Paul Dunger (22) were both out when looking set, and although Stephen Gray went cheaply for five, Wijekoon and Harvey then batted well, although Harvey lost his wicket to a run out. Joe Pipkin made 25 at No 7.
Bury openers Tom Huggins (81) and Peter Turnbull (53) gave their side the perfect platform to chase down that target with a century opening stand.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham hit back with two wickets apiece for Ian Slegg and Imran Ali, but the early partnership proved crucial as Bury won in the 49th over.
On Saturday, Fakenham vist bottom side Halstead.
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
North Runcton A (185 for eight) recorded their first Alliance Division Two win of the season, over visitors Fakenham (183). On Saturday, Fakenham entertain Hillington.
In the West Norfolk League, Fakenham's Division Two side beat Sheringham by 114 runs, Martin Wall hit 112 of their 214 for six. Sheringham made 110. In Division Four, Fakenham made 146 for eight to Northwold's 147 for seven.
Junior Carter Cup progress: Page 45.