Little joy for Fakenham cricketers
Fakenham suffered a five-wicket home EAPL defeat by Bury.Sri Lankan Gayan Wijekoon (68) and Ben Harvey (59) hit half-centuries as Fakenham managed 225 for nine from 66 overs, with Tom Rash picking up five wickets.
Fakenham suffered a five-wicket home EAPL defeat by Bury.
Sri Lankan Gayan Wijekoon (68) and Ben Harvey (59) hit half-centuries as Fakenham managed 225 for nine from 66 overs, with Tom Rash picking up five wickets.
Openers Sean Cooper (32) and Paul Dunger (22) were both out when looking set, and although Stephen Gray went cheaply for five, Wijekoon and Harvey then batted well, although Harvey lost his wicket to a run out. Joe Pipkin made 25 at No 7.
Bury openers Tom Huggins (81) and Peter Turnbull (53) gave their side the perfect platform to chase down that target with a century opening stand.
Fakenham hit back with two wickets apiece for Ian Slegg and Imran Ali, but the early partnership proved crucial as Bury won in the 49th over.
On Saturday, Fakenham vist bottom side Halstead.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
- 10 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
North Runcton A (185 for eight) recorded their first Alliance Division Two win of the season, over visitors Fakenham (183). On Saturday, Fakenham entertain Hillington.
In the West Norfolk League, Fakenham's Division Two side beat Sheringham by 114 runs, Martin Wall hit 112 of their 214 for six. Sheringham made 110. In Division Four, Fakenham made 146 for eight to Northwold's 147 for seven.
Junior Carter Cup progress: Page 45.