Lone goal sinks stretched Seasiders
Caister 1, Wells Town 0Late call-offs and players being unavailable left the Seasiders stretched. They had to completely re-arrange the side to face Caister.
Caister 1, Wells Town 0
Late call-offs and players being unavailable left the Seasiders stretched. They had to completely re-arrange the side to face Caister.
Good play by the home keeper prevented Wells from scoring an early goal. Wells started to settle and looked more likely to break the deadlock but they could not find the finishing touch.
The second period Caister looked the stronger side but again poor finishing in front of goal let them down.
You may also want to watch:
With only 15 minutes remaining the home side produced a good three-man move with the final header giving the injured Armiger no chance.
Wells Town travel to Long Stratton on Saturday, 2pm.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 7 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 8 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Wells Town Reserves 2, Spixworth United Reserves 2
The Seasiders earned a hard-fought point on Friday night against fellow strugglers. Frary broke the deadlock early on when his excellent strike from distance gave the visiting keeper no chance.
Spixworth pulled level from the penalty spot and then added a second late into the contest. Wells battled for the whole 90 minutes and were rewarded for their efforts when Williamson slipped the ball under the advancing keeper.
Wells looked as they might take all the spoils when they broke, only for the ball to go inches wide.
Wells Reserves host Swaffham Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm ko.