Lone goal sinks stretched Seasiders
Caister 1, Wells Town 0Late call-offs and players being unavailable left the Seasiders stretched. They had to completely re-arrange the side to face Caister.
Caister 1, Wells Town 0
Late call-offs and players being unavailable left the Seasiders stretched. They had to completely re-arrange the side to face Caister.
Good play by the home keeper prevented Wells from scoring an early goal. Wells started to settle and looked more likely to break the deadlock but they could not find the finishing touch.
The second period Caister looked the stronger side but again poor finishing in front of goal let them down.
You may also want to watch:
With only 15 minutes remaining the home side produced a good three-man move with the final header giving the injured Armiger no chance.
Wells Town travel to Long Stratton on Saturday, 2pm.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 7 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
Wells Town Reserves 2, Spixworth United Reserves 2
The Seasiders earned a hard-fought point on Friday night against fellow strugglers. Frary broke the deadlock early on when his excellent strike from distance gave the visiting keeper no chance.
Spixworth pulled level from the penalty spot and then added a second late into the contest. Wells battled for the whole 90 minutes and were rewarded for their efforts when Williamson slipped the ball under the advancing keeper.
Wells looked as they might take all the spoils when they broke, only for the ball to go inches wide.
Wells Reserves host Swaffham Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm ko.