Midweek point for Wells
Horsford United 1, Wells Town 0THE Seasiders travelled looking to pick up points with new signing Tom East added to the squad on Saturday.Early play was fairly even, with both sides searching for a breakthrough.
Horsford United 1, Wells Town 0
THE Seasiders travelled looking to pick up points with new signing Tom East added to the squad on Saturday.
Early play was fairly even, with both sides searching for a breakthrough. Wells' defence cleared any real danger and Fulford had to be alert to clear a loose ball as Nichols loomed in on goal. Horsford cleared a dangerous ball as Grocott attacked, and a good cross from East saw Grocott head over Wilkes' cross-bar.
The second half started with Horsford attacking. In the 48th minute, Nichols forced the ball across allowing Rudder to slot home, giving the home side the advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Fulford tipped a good header from Nichols around a post and Wilkes then saved well as Murfit was looking dangerous for the Seasiders. Wells thought they had forced a late equaliser as Murfit turned his marker, only for the match official to give a foul against them.
Somerton flashed a good shot across the United goal as Wells looked to level.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
Wells Town thanked Hindringham with their assistance in East's transfer.
On Tuesday night Wells drew 1-1 at home to Mattishall in the league.
South Walsham 2, Wells Town Reserves 1
THE Seasiders' reserves headed to South Walsham and started very slowly, allowing their hosts a two-goal lead.
Wick reduced the arrears from the penalty spot, but no further goals were forthcoming.
Fakenham Town FC won the quiz night at Beach Road with 81 points from the 100 available.
Thanks went to the Fakenham team for returning their prize money to club funds and to James Page, the quiz master, and all teams who supported the night.