Midweek point for Wells
Horsford United 1, Wells Town 0THE Seasiders travelled looking to pick up points with new signing Tom East added to the squad on Saturday.Early play was fairly even, with both sides searching for a breakthrough.
Horsford United 1, Wells Town 0
THE Seasiders travelled looking to pick up points with new signing Tom East added to the squad on Saturday.
Early play was fairly even, with both sides searching for a breakthrough. Wells' defence cleared any real danger and Fulford had to be alert to clear a loose ball as Nichols loomed in on goal. Horsford cleared a dangerous ball as Grocott attacked, and a good cross from East saw Grocott head over Wilkes' cross-bar.
The second half started with Horsford attacking. In the 48th minute, Nichols forced the ball across allowing Rudder to slot home, giving the home side the advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Fulford tipped a good header from Nichols around a post and Wilkes then saved well as Murfit was looking dangerous for the Seasiders. Wells thought they had forced a late equaliser as Murfit turned his marker, only for the match official to give a foul against them.
Somerton flashed a good shot across the United goal as Wells looked to level.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
Wells Town thanked Hindringham with their assistance in East's transfer.
On Tuesday night Wells drew 1-1 at home to Mattishall in the league.
South Walsham 2, Wells Town Reserves 1
THE Seasiders' reserves headed to South Walsham and started very slowly, allowing their hosts a two-goal lead.
Wick reduced the arrears from the penalty spot, but no further goals were forthcoming.
Fakenham Town FC won the quiz night at Beach Road with 81 points from the 100 available.
Thanks went to the Fakenham team for returning their prize money to club funds and to James Page, the quiz master, and all teams who supported the night.