Mollie records another good result at national level
- Credit: Archant
Table tennis ace Mollie Patterson has won another medal on the national stage.
A week after winning silver at the Junior National Cup, she added bronze in the younger age group at the Cadet National Cup.
The Brancaster Staithe youngster was among 10 invited to the event by virtue of being one of the top players in the national rankings.
She was seeded fourth at the tournament in Preston and won seven matches in the round-robin format to finish third behind unbeaten champion Charlotte Bardsley and third seed Jasmin Wong.
It could have been better for Patterson — she took Bardsley to a decider before losing 4-3 (11-9, 4-11, 11-9, 11-3, 7-11, 7-11, 11-2). She also beat Wong 4-1 (11-8, 11-8, 12-10, 10-12, 11-6).
You may also want to watch:
The 14-year-old, who attends the Table Tennis England National Talent Academy at Ackworth School in Yorkshire, said: “It was very tough playing all the best players in the country — every match was hard.”
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 8 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub