Mollie records another good result at national level
- Credit: Archant
Table tennis ace Mollie Patterson has won another medal on the national stage.
A week after winning silver at the Junior National Cup, she added bronze in the younger age group at the Cadet National Cup.
The Brancaster Staithe youngster was among 10 invited to the event by virtue of being one of the top players in the national rankings.
She was seeded fourth at the tournament in Preston and won seven matches in the round-robin format to finish third behind unbeaten champion Charlotte Bardsley and third seed Jasmin Wong.
It could have been better for Patterson — she took Bardsley to a decider before losing 4-3 (11-9, 4-11, 11-9, 11-3, 7-11, 7-11, 11-2). She also beat Wong 4-1 (11-8, 11-8, 12-10, 10-12, 11-6).
You may also want to watch:
The 14-year-old, who attends the Table Tennis England National Talent Academy at Ackworth School in Yorkshire, said: “It was very tough playing all the best players in the country — every match was hard.”
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published