Mollie records another good result at national level
- Credit: Archant
Table tennis ace Mollie Patterson has won another medal on the national stage.
A week after winning silver at the Junior National Cup, she added bronze in the younger age group at the Cadet National Cup.
The Brancaster Staithe youngster was among 10 invited to the event by virtue of being one of the top players in the national rankings.
She was seeded fourth at the tournament in Preston and won seven matches in the round-robin format to finish third behind unbeaten champion Charlotte Bardsley and third seed Jasmin Wong.
It could have been better for Patterson — she took Bardsley to a decider before losing 4-3 (11-9, 4-11, 11-9, 11-3, 7-11, 7-11, 11-2). She also beat Wong 4-1 (11-8, 11-8, 12-10, 10-12, 11-6).
You may also want to watch:
The 14-year-old, who attends the Table Tennis England National Talent Academy at Ackworth School in Yorkshire, said: “It was very tough playing all the best players in the country — every match was hard.”
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 8 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front