Mollie records another good result at national level
- Credit: Archant
Table tennis ace Mollie Patterson has won another medal on the national stage.
A week after winning silver at the Junior National Cup, she added bronze in the younger age group at the Cadet National Cup.
The Brancaster Staithe youngster was among 10 invited to the event by virtue of being one of the top players in the national rankings.
She was seeded fourth at the tournament in Preston and won seven matches in the round-robin format to finish third behind unbeaten champion Charlotte Bardsley and third seed Jasmin Wong.
It could have been better for Patterson — she took Bardsley to a decider before losing 4-3 (11-9, 4-11, 11-9, 11-3, 7-11, 7-11, 11-2). She also beat Wong 4-1 (11-8, 11-8, 12-10, 10-12, 11-6).
You may also want to watch:
The 14-year-old, who attends the Table Tennis England National Talent Academy at Ackworth School in Yorkshire, said: “It was very tough playing all the best players in the country — every match was hard.”
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments