Murfit hat-trick for Seasiders
Sprowston Wanderers 1, Wells Town 4Wells travelled to Barkers Lane with a skeleton side due to late call-offs to face a very young team trying to avoid relegation from senior football.
Sprowston Wanderers 1, Wells Town 4
Wells travelled to Barkers Lane with a skeleton side due to late call-offs to face a very young team trying to avoid relegation from senior football.
Stanley for Wanderers saved well from an early Grocott header, Bruce cleared another Wells attack at the expense of a corner, the flag-kick being headed over by Cooper.
Macnab-Grieve saw a long-range effort fly wide of the home goal, and both keepers made crucial saves. McCallum saw a diving header go just wide from a 21st minute corner, the same player then had a goal ruled out for handball.
You may also want to watch:
Wells broke the deadlock in the 37th minute when Murfit collected a good ball and ran at the home defence before passing to Grocott, who slotted home. Two minutes later Murfit added Wells' second when he chipped the keeper from distance.
Wells were then awarded a penalty following a push in the area, Murfit converting the spot-kick.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
Diallo for the home side found space but shot wide of the target, In the 61st minute Murfit completed his hat-trick when he again ran at the home defence and slotted past Stanley.
Wells' back row of Cawston, Page, Frary and Cooper were limiting home attacks to an occasional sortie.
McCallum had another goal disallowed following a foul on Stanley, and Diallo scored a consolation goal for Wanderers from the penalty spot when he sent Fulford the wrong way.
Wells Town host Stalham Town on Saturday, Beach Road 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves travelled to face Wymondham Town Reserves and won 1-0 following a hard fought battle, Zak Ellis scoring. This win lifts the Seasiders' second string into 10th position in Division Four.
Wells Town Reserves travel to Thorpe Recreation Ground on Saturday to face St Andrews Reserves, ko 2.30pm.