Nelson finds his touch
CARL Nelson from Fakenham competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at the weekend at Brands Hatch.Nelson had qualified ninth and made a good start to the first race on Saturday to be seventh as the riders approached Druids.
CARL Nelson from Fakenham competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at the weekend at Brands Hatch.
Nelson had qualified ninth and made a good start to the first race on Saturday to be seventh as the riders approached Druids. He achieved his fastest lap of the race on lap four. He temporarily dropped a place but soon reclaimed it, to post a good seventh place finish.
He got exactly the start he wanted in his second race on Sunday, and had moved from ninth to fourth by Paddock Hill bend. He slipped to fifth and then sixth with just over two seconds between the first and eighth places.
Nelson lost another place to be running seventh but he kept up the pressure to get back through the field, and was well placed as the lead pack pulled away. Nelson moved back up to fifth place and went on to record a great fourth-place finish.
You may also want to watch:
He thanked MD Williamson Carpets Ltd, James Beck Auctions, G Designs, Solely Solar, Bale Engineering and Great Eastern Motorcycle Club for their continued support. New sponsors can contact Nelson on 01328 862933.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance