Nelson finds his touch
CARL Nelson from Fakenham competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at the weekend at Brands Hatch.Nelson had qualified ninth and made a good start to the first race on Saturday to be seventh as the riders approached Druids.
CARL Nelson from Fakenham competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at the weekend at Brands Hatch.
Nelson had qualified ninth and made a good start to the first race on Saturday to be seventh as the riders approached Druids. He achieved his fastest lap of the race on lap four. He temporarily dropped a place but soon reclaimed it, to post a good seventh place finish.
He got exactly the start he wanted in his second race on Sunday, and had moved from ninth to fourth by Paddock Hill bend. He slipped to fifth and then sixth with just over two seconds between the first and eighth places.
Nelson lost another place to be running seventh but he kept up the pressure to get back through the field, and was well placed as the lead pack pulled away. Nelson moved back up to fifth place and went on to record a great fourth-place finish.
You may also want to watch:
He thanked MD Williamson Carpets Ltd, James Beck Auctions, G Designs, Solely Solar, Bale Engineering and Great Eastern Motorcycle Club for their continued support. New sponsors can contact Nelson on 01328 862933.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced