Nelson has win snatched away
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at Cadwell Park.Saturday's qualifying session went well, with Nelson qualifying on the front row of the grid in third position.
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at Cadwell Park.
Saturday's qualifying session went well, with Nelson qualifying on the front row of the grid in third position.
The first race on Sunday saw him get away well from the start to be running in third place. He dropped to fourth at mid-race distance, but reclaimed third on lap six. Pushing hard while chasing second place, a near high-side resulted in an off-track excursion.
This saw Nelson drop to fifth place, which was where he finished, although this was still some way ahead of the rest of the field.
Race two again saw Nelson running in third place. The race leader crashed out on lap two, which promoted Nelson to second. He was quickly on the back of the new race leader, who crashed out on the following lap.
With Nelson leading, conditions became very tricky in heavy rain and the race was stopped due to another incident and Nelson appeared to take the win. However, this was later voided as not every rider had completed half-race distance.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 3 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 4 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 5 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 6 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 7 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 8 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Church hopes jubilee events will help fund stained glass window repairs
The race was re-run in wet conditions at the end of the meeting when Nelson finished fourth. He is in action again this weekend at Snetterton.
Carl thanks MD Williamson Carpets Ltd, James Beck Auctions, G Designs, Bale Engineering and the Great Eastern Motorcycle Club for their support.
He can be contacted on 01328 862933 by any further potential sponsors.