Nelson has win snatched away
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at Cadwell Park.Saturday's qualifying session went well, with Nelson qualifying on the front row of the grid in third position.
FAKENHAM'S Carl Nelson competed in the latest round of the MRO Superstock 1000 Championship at Cadwell Park.
Saturday's qualifying session went well, with Nelson qualifying on the front row of the grid in third position.
The first race on Sunday saw him get away well from the start to be running in third place. He dropped to fourth at mid-race distance, but reclaimed third on lap six. Pushing hard while chasing second place, a near high-side resulted in an off-track excursion.
This saw Nelson drop to fifth place, which was where he finished, although this was still some way ahead of the rest of the field.
You may also want to watch:
Race two again saw Nelson running in third place. The race leader crashed out on lap two, which promoted Nelson to second. He was quickly on the back of the new race leader, who crashed out on the following lap.
With Nelson leading, conditions became very tricky in heavy rain and the race was stopped due to another incident and Nelson appeared to take the win. However, this was later voided as not every rider had completed half-race distance.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
The race was re-run in wet conditions at the end of the meeting when Nelson finished fourth. He is in action again this weekend at Snetterton.
Carl thanks MD Williamson Carpets Ltd, James Beck Auctions, G Designs, Bale Engineering and the Great Eastern Motorcycle Club for their support.
He can be contacted on 01328 862933 by any further potential sponsors.