New faces at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town Reserves 2, Great Yarmouth Town Reserves 3THE Ghosts faced a difficult game against Great Yarmouth after losing 4-0 to them a few weeks ago.
Fakenham Town Reserves 2, Great Yarmouth Town Reserves 3
THE Ghosts faced a difficult game against Great Yarmouth after losing 4-0 to them a few weeks ago.
Fakenham gave a debut to new signing Darren Haynes from Hindringham, and Matt Gray from Fakenham A came onto the bench.
Jody Murfit has signed from Wells Town, and when available will be a key player.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham started slowly and could not match Yarmouth's passing game. The Bloaters soon took a 3-0 lead after basic mistakes from the Ghosts. However, Fakenham did create a couple of chances, with Haynes providing some great crosses from the left - but nobody executed the finish.
In the second half Fakenham finally pushed more players forward to try and stop Yarmouth playing. Steve Stokes came on for Williamson and played up front, with French moving out wide. With his first touch Stokes dribbled the ball past three defenders and scored a great goal to make it 3-1.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 7 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 8 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Yarmouth created more chances but could not score and with five minutes to go, Darren French smashed the ball home from the edge of the box.
There was a great improvement in the second half but the Ghosts have to do this for the 90 minutes for any chance of staying up in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Saturday, away to Acle Reserves, meet Clipbush 12.30pm.
Team against Yarmouth: Cracknell, Symonds, Franks, Higgins, S.Saunders, Williamson (Stokes), Smith, Broughton, Haynes (Gray), French, A.Saunders.