New faces at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town Reserves 2, Great Yarmouth Town Reserves 3THE Ghosts faced a difficult game against Great Yarmouth after losing 4-0 to them a few weeks ago.
Fakenham Town Reserves 2, Great Yarmouth Town Reserves 3
THE Ghosts faced a difficult game against Great Yarmouth after losing 4-0 to them a few weeks ago.
Fakenham gave a debut to new signing Darren Haynes from Hindringham, and Matt Gray from Fakenham A came onto the bench.
Jody Murfit has signed from Wells Town, and when available will be a key player.
Fakenham started slowly and could not match Yarmouth's passing game. The Bloaters soon took a 3-0 lead after basic mistakes from the Ghosts. However, Fakenham did create a couple of chances, with Haynes providing some great crosses from the left - but nobody executed the finish.
In the second half Fakenham finally pushed more players forward to try and stop Yarmouth playing. Steve Stokes came on for Williamson and played up front, with French moving out wide. With his first touch Stokes dribbled the ball past three defenders and scored a great goal to make it 3-1.
- 1 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 2 Work under way to stabilise 'carbuncle' property
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Plans for jubilee celebrations in Wells revealed
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Estate bringing back Feast in the Park with local street food traders
- 8 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
Yarmouth created more chances but could not score and with five minutes to go, Darren French smashed the ball home from the edge of the box.
There was a great improvement in the second half but the Ghosts have to do this for the 90 minutes for any chance of staying up in Anglian Combination Division Two.
Saturday, away to Acle Reserves, meet Clipbush 12.30pm.
Team against Yarmouth: Cracknell, Symonds, Franks, Higgins, S.Saunders, Williamson (Stokes), Smith, Broughton, Haynes (Gray), French, A.Saunders.