No joy for Seasiders
St Andrews 3, Wells Town 1THIS was the fourth meeting between these teams this season, with honours even before kick-off - one win each and one draw.
St Andrews 3, Wells Town 1
THIS was the fourth meeting between these teams this season, with honours even before kick-off - one win each and one draw. but this time Wells could not match Saints' determination.
Armiger held an early Huckle effort, Frary then cleared a loose ball at the expense of a corner, but in the 24th minute Wells failed to clear a loose ball, Huckle applying the finish.
Armiger held a good Saints free-kick but both sides were having problems with a fierce cross-wind.
You may also want to watch:
Straight after the re-start a Wells effort was hacked off the goal-line to safety. Pennell was allowed space but shot over when well positioned before Mason added a second for the Saints in the 73rd minute with a volley. Gauntlet added a third in the 88th minute when he volleyed home from a corner kick.
The Seasiders' next fixture is on April 12 against Scole United at Beach Road at 2.30pm.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
Wells Reserves 0, East Harling 0
AGAINST promotion-chasing East Harling Wells produced a great team performance to share the spoils.
With players stepping up to cover for first team duties, the side was light in several areas, however they battled with another good team effort.
Wells soaked up early pressure, with Molyneux making some fine saves from set pieces.
Wells Reserves travel to Bradenham on April 12, 2pm kick off.