No Norfolk Junior Cup run for Wells Town this season
- Credit: Ian Burt
Wells Town bowed out of this year’s Norfolk Junior Cup at the first hurdle, having been semi-finalists last season.
Visitors from Great Yarmouth, Old Hall, who had scored 17 goals in their first two league matches, came away with from Beach Road with a 2-0 victory.
They settled the earliest and went ahead after on five minutes when a cross was not dealt with, allowing a simple headed goal from close range.
By the first half whistle the visitors had increased their lead when their forward was given space to score with a well taken shot.
Wells lifted their game after the break and had chances to reduce the arears but stout defending and some very good goal keeping kept the advantage in the favour of Old Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Wells Town travel to Mattishall Reserves on Saturday (2.30pm) for their latest Anglian Combination Division Two fixture.
Wells Reserves headed travelled to Easton Reserves and returned home empty handed having lost 6-1. A nu,ber or rabbit holes in the pitch had to be filled before the game could go ahead. Wells battled hard but the home side scored at regular intervals to take the spoils.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
Wells Reserves host Thorpe Rovers Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm.
In the Premier Division Mattishall got their first win of the season with a 2-1 win away at Beccles. A penalty from Neil Hurren was not enough for the home side as Xavier Huckle and Rob Balls got on the scoresheet,
Mattishall have a tough game away to Norwich CEYMS on Saturday in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.