No Norfolk Junior Cup run for Wells Town this season
- Credit: Ian Burt
Wells Town bowed out of this year’s Norfolk Junior Cup at the first hurdle, having been semi-finalists last season.
Visitors from Great Yarmouth, Old Hall, who had scored 17 goals in their first two league matches, came away with from Beach Road with a 2-0 victory.
They settled the earliest and went ahead after on five minutes when a cross was not dealt with, allowing a simple headed goal from close range.
By the first half whistle the visitors had increased their lead when their forward was given space to score with a well taken shot.
Wells lifted their game after the break and had chances to reduce the arears but stout defending and some very good goal keeping kept the advantage in the favour of Old Hall.
Wells Town travel to Mattishall Reserves on Saturday (2.30pm) for their latest Anglian Combination Division Two fixture.
Wells Reserves headed travelled to Easton Reserves and returned home empty handed having lost 6-1. A nu,ber or rabbit holes in the pitch had to be filled before the game could go ahead. Wells battled hard but the home side scored at regular intervals to take the spoils.
- 1 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 5 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 6 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 7 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 8 The day Linda McCartney flew into Fakenham
- 9 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 10 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
Wells Reserves host Thorpe Rovers Reserves on Saturday, 2.30pm.
In the Premier Division Mattishall got their first win of the season with a 2-1 win away at Beccles. A penalty from Neil Hurren was not enough for the home side as Xavier Huckle and Rob Balls got on the scoresheet,
Mattishall have a tough game away to Norwich CEYMS on Saturday in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.