Norfolk title for Chestney
BOWLS: Jamie Chestney is the new Norfolk EBA champion following the finals at Wymondham Dell.
The fast-rising star of English bowls added the senior county title to his 2009 junior one by beating Upwell’s Nigel Carter 21-12 in the final.
The opening ends of the final were keenly contested but in the end Chestney’s class told, the 24-year-old Hunstanton EBA star, who plays indoor bowls for Fakenham Gallow, running out a comfortable winner.
All the finalists will represent Norfolk in the Bowls England Championships at Beach House Park Worthing, starting on August 13.
In addition, the winners of the County Championships will represent Norfolk in the forthcoming Eastern Counties Bowling Association Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Final results. Singles: Jamie Chestney (Hunstanton EBA) 21, Nigel Carter (Upwell) 12. Pairs: Ollie Allen, John Ottaway (Wymondham Dell) 21; Charlie Boon, Philip Day (Norfolk BC) 7. Triples: Max Harrison, Rocky Lewis, Peter Boldero (Downham Market) 18; Justin Hudson, Ian Whiley, Mervyn Chapman (Wootton Park) 17. Fours: John Hunter, Tony Goodson, Kenny Breame, Michael Hunter (RG Carter Group) 19; Jamie Howlett, Ashley Smith, Lewis Moore, Rob Parker (Freethorpe) 18. U25 Singles: Liam Stevenson (Hunstanton EBA) 21, Max Harrison (Downham Market) 17.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27