Norfolk title for Chestney
BOWLS: Jamie Chestney is the new Norfolk EBA champion following the finals at Wymondham Dell.
The fast-rising star of English bowls added the senior county title to his 2009 junior one by beating Upwell’s Nigel Carter 21-12 in the final.
The opening ends of the final were keenly contested but in the end Chestney’s class told, the 24-year-old Hunstanton EBA star, who plays indoor bowls for Fakenham Gallow, running out a comfortable winner.
All the finalists will represent Norfolk in the Bowls England Championships at Beach House Park Worthing, starting on August 13.
In addition, the winners of the County Championships will represent Norfolk in the forthcoming Eastern Counties Bowling Association Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Final results. Singles: Jamie Chestney (Hunstanton EBA) 21, Nigel Carter (Upwell) 12. Pairs: Ollie Allen, John Ottaway (Wymondham Dell) 21; Charlie Boon, Philip Day (Norfolk BC) 7. Triples: Max Harrison, Rocky Lewis, Peter Boldero (Downham Market) 18; Justin Hudson, Ian Whiley, Mervyn Chapman (Wootton Park) 17. Fours: John Hunter, Tony Goodson, Kenny Breame, Michael Hunter (RG Carter Group) 19; Jamie Howlett, Ashley Smith, Lewis Moore, Rob Parker (Freethorpe) 18. U25 Singles: Liam Stevenson (Hunstanton EBA) 21, Max Harrison (Downham Market) 17.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments