On the oche for finals nights
Fakenham and District Friday Darts League
Division One finals night was held at the Press Club. Trophies were presented by the league treasurer, J Williamson.
League winners: Bircham Club A; runners-up Hempton Bell. Hedley Mitchell Cup winners: Hempton Bell; runners-up Bircham Club A. Powell Cup winners: Gressenhall Social Club; runners-up Bircham Club B. Captains’ Cup winner: J Walpole (Gressenhall SC).
League singles winner: I Slegg (Hempton Bell); runner-up B Johnson. League doubles winners: I King and B Johnson; runners-up W Walpole and C Hillebrandt. Highest kill: W Walpole (Hempton Bell), 156. Best performances: A Siddle and I King (Bircham A).
Competitions on the night, singles winner: I King (Bircham A); runner-up W Walpole (Hempton Bell). Doubles winners: A Brown and I Slegg; runners-up P Wood and D Coggin (Bircham B). Three-a-side winners: Bircham Club A; runners-up Hempton Bell.
Friday, June 17: Second Division finals night, 8.30pm.
Friday, June 24: Mick Bradfield open singles, 8.30pm at the Press Club. �2 entry; proceeds to Air Ambulance.
- 1 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 4 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 6 5 maize mazes you can visit in Norfolk this summer
- 7 Outdoor cinema returning to estate with films including Grease and Encanto
- 8 Like 'salt in the wound' - Councillor laments wind farm move
- 9 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
- 10 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
Fakenham and District Ladies’ Darts League
Finals night was held at the Press Club and trophies were presented by league chairman, J Williamson.
League winners: Horny Pony; runners-up Press A. Knockout Cup winners Press B; runners-up Townshend Club. President’s Cup winners: Horny Pony; runners-up Press A. Charity Challenge winners: Horny Pony; runners-up Townshend Club.
Highest kill: G Hannant (Wells Club A) 149. Best performances: Carol Robb (Press B), J Walden (Horny Pony), M Eggleton (Melton Club) and S Playford (Maltings).
Captains’ Cup winner: D Saint (Press A); runner-up J Eckett (Maltings). Glenyse Howes Memorial Cup winner: L Dowdy (Press A); runner-up J Robb (Press B).
Anne Callaby Doubles Cup winners: V Belton and J Robb (Press B); runners-up J Walden and J Warnes (Horny Pony). Wooden Spoon: Wells Club B.
Competitions on the night, singles winner: S Playford (Maltings); runner-up L Hawes (Maltings). Doubles winners: R Beddoes and S Jagger (Wells A); runners-up G Pierce and D Saint (Press A). Three-a-side winners: Press B; runners-up Townshend Club.
Thursday, June 16: Blind ladies’ doubles for GOSH, 8.30pm. Entry �2.