On the oche for finals nights
Fakenham and District Friday Darts League
Division One finals night was held at the Press Club. Trophies were presented by the league treasurer, J Williamson.
League winners: Bircham Club A; runners-up Hempton Bell. Hedley Mitchell Cup winners: Hempton Bell; runners-up Bircham Club A. Powell Cup winners: Gressenhall Social Club; runners-up Bircham Club B. Captains’ Cup winner: J Walpole (Gressenhall SC).
League singles winner: I Slegg (Hempton Bell); runner-up B Johnson. League doubles winners: I King and B Johnson; runners-up W Walpole and C Hillebrandt. Highest kill: W Walpole (Hempton Bell), 156. Best performances: A Siddle and I King (Bircham A).
Competitions on the night, singles winner: I King (Bircham A); runner-up W Walpole (Hempton Bell). Doubles winners: A Brown and I Slegg; runners-up P Wood and D Coggin (Bircham B). Three-a-side winners: Bircham Club A; runners-up Hempton Bell.
You may also want to watch:
Friday, June 17: Second Division finals night, 8.30pm.
Friday, June 24: Mick Bradfield open singles, 8.30pm at the Press Club. �2 entry; proceeds to Air Ambulance.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies
Fakenham and District Ladies’ Darts League
Finals night was held at the Press Club and trophies were presented by league chairman, J Williamson.
League winners: Horny Pony; runners-up Press A. Knockout Cup winners Press B; runners-up Townshend Club. President’s Cup winners: Horny Pony; runners-up Press A. Charity Challenge winners: Horny Pony; runners-up Townshend Club.
Highest kill: G Hannant (Wells Club A) 149. Best performances: Carol Robb (Press B), J Walden (Horny Pony), M Eggleton (Melton Club) and S Playford (Maltings).
Captains’ Cup winner: D Saint (Press A); runner-up J Eckett (Maltings). Glenyse Howes Memorial Cup winner: L Dowdy (Press A); runner-up J Robb (Press B).
Anne Callaby Doubles Cup winners: V Belton and J Robb (Press B); runners-up J Walden and J Warnes (Horny Pony). Wooden Spoon: Wells Club B.
Competitions on the night, singles winner: S Playford (Maltings); runner-up L Hawes (Maltings). Doubles winners: R Beddoes and S Jagger (Wells A); runners-up G Pierce and D Saint (Press A). Three-a-side winners: Press B; runners-up Townshend Club.
Thursday, June 16: Blind ladies’ doubles for GOSH, 8.30pm. Entry �2.