One goal enough for Seasiders
Wells Town 1, Stalham Town 0A Jodi Murfit strike was enough to give the Seasiders all the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One points against a young Stalham side at Beach Road.
Wells Town 1, Stalham Town 0
A Jodi Murfit strike was enough to give the Seasiders all the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One points against a young Stalham side at Beach Road.
Murfit had a fourth-minute attack blocked by the visitors' defence. Both sides were struggling with a fierce cross wind. Stalham forced Fulford into a reflex save, while at the other end of the pitch Nicholls made two crucial saves following a goalmouth scramble.
Murfit broke the deadlock on 26 minutes following a handball outside the area. His free-kick gave Nicholls little chance.
You may also want to watch:
On the stroke of half-time Meale intercepted a through ball as again Murfit loomed in on goal.
Stalham had the better of chances in the second period, although none were clear-cut. Wells introduced Mills and Griffin to the contest. Stalham were pushing Wells back in search of the equaliser but the home defence stood firm.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Wells Town entertain Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves on Saturday (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Reserves travelled to Thorpe Recreation Ground to play St Andrews Reserves, returning home with a share of the spoils from a goalless draw.
Wells travelled with only 12 players, so the point was well deserved. The Reserves have no match on Saturday as a re-arranged fixture was played last night.