One goal enough for Seasiders
Wells Town 1, Stalham Town 0A Jodi Murfit strike was enough to give the Seasiders all the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One points against a young Stalham side at Beach Road.
Wells Town 1, Stalham Town 0
A Jodi Murfit strike was enough to give the Seasiders all the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One points against a young Stalham side at Beach Road.
Murfit had a fourth-minute attack blocked by the visitors' defence. Both sides were struggling with a fierce cross wind. Stalham forced Fulford into a reflex save, while at the other end of the pitch Nicholls made two crucial saves following a goalmouth scramble.
Murfit broke the deadlock on 26 minutes following a handball outside the area. His free-kick gave Nicholls little chance.
You may also want to watch:
On the stroke of half-time Meale intercepted a through ball as again Murfit loomed in on goal.
Stalham had the better of chances in the second period, although none were clear-cut. Wells introduced Mills and Griffin to the contest. Stalham were pushing Wells back in search of the equaliser but the home defence stood firm.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
Wells Town entertain Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves on Saturday (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Reserves travelled to Thorpe Recreation Ground to play St Andrews Reserves, returning home with a share of the spoils from a goalless draw.
Wells travelled with only 12 players, so the point was well deserved. The Reserves have no match on Saturday as a re-arranged fixture was played last night.