One goal enough for Seasiders
Wells Town 1, Stalham Town 0A Jodi Murfit strike was enough to give the Seasiders all the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One points against a young Stalham side at Beach Road.
Wells Town 1, Stalham Town 0
A Jodi Murfit strike was enough to give the Seasiders all the Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One points against a young Stalham side at Beach Road.
Murfit had a fourth-minute attack blocked by the visitors' defence. Both sides were struggling with a fierce cross wind. Stalham forced Fulford into a reflex save, while at the other end of the pitch Nicholls made two crucial saves following a goalmouth scramble.
Murfit broke the deadlock on 26 minutes following a handball outside the area. His free-kick gave Nicholls little chance.
You may also want to watch:
On the stroke of half-time Meale intercepted a through ball as again Murfit loomed in on goal.
Stalham had the better of chances in the second period, although none were clear-cut. Wells introduced Mills and Griffin to the contest. Stalham were pushing Wells back in search of the equaliser but the home defence stood firm.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Wells Town entertain Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves on Saturday (ko 2.30pm).
Wells Reserves travelled to Thorpe Recreation Ground to play St Andrews Reserves, returning home with a share of the spoils from a goalless draw.
Wells travelled with only 12 players, so the point was well deserved. The Reserves have no match on Saturday as a re-arranged fixture was played last night.