Police prove great sports
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.
A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
In nearly four hours of competition on the night, talents on show were - flicks, smashing and fancy footwork on the table tennis table; on the darts oche pressure and nerves aplenty, finishing on that elusive double; cannons galore on the pool table; police power play at the bowling alley.
Skill and flair was evident in all events. In particular for the police on the oche Becky Taylor and Malcolm Pearson, on the pool table Angela Grant and Wayne Dawson, at table tennis Suzanne Pulfer and Richard Garrett.
You may also want to watch:
For the youth club, James Wright, Ryan Li, Matt Warnes, Ben Watts, Nasco and Ashley all performed well.
In the final analysis the police team were well worth their wins in three of the six events.
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 4 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 10 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
The Fakenham Youth Club in Cattle Market Street is very fortunate that the local police have always given generously of their time in supporting
the club. The event was organised by Janet Vertigan and supported by a dedicated team of volunteers.
The club is open every Friday night from 7-10.30pm for youngsters aged 12-17.