Police prove great sports
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.
A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
In nearly four hours of competition on the night, talents on show were - flicks, smashing and fancy footwork on the table tennis table; on the darts oche pressure and nerves aplenty, finishing on that elusive double; cannons galore on the pool table; police power play at the bowling alley.
Skill and flair was evident in all events. In particular for the police on the oche Becky Taylor and Malcolm Pearson, on the pool table Angela Grant and Wayne Dawson, at table tennis Suzanne Pulfer and Richard Garrett.
You may also want to watch:
For the youth club, James Wright, Ryan Li, Matt Warnes, Ben Watts, Nasco and Ashley all performed well.
In the final analysis the police team were well worth their wins in three of the six events.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 7 Nelson's church to feature concerts spanning Bach to Beyoncé
- 8 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 9 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
The Fakenham Youth Club in Cattle Market Street is very fortunate that the local police have always given generously of their time in supporting
the club. The event was organised by Janet Vertigan and supported by a dedicated team of volunteers.
The club is open every Friday night from 7-10.30pm for youngsters aged 12-17.