Police prove great sports
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.
A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
In nearly four hours of competition on the night, talents on show were - flicks, smashing and fancy footwork on the table tennis table; on the darts oche pressure and nerves aplenty, finishing on that elusive double; cannons galore on the pool table; police power play at the bowling alley.
Skill and flair was evident in all events. In particular for the police on the oche Becky Taylor and Malcolm Pearson, on the pool table Angela Grant and Wayne Dawson, at table tennis Suzanne Pulfer and Richard Garrett.
You may also want to watch:
For the youth club, James Wright, Ryan Li, Matt Warnes, Ben Watts, Nasco and Ashley all performed well.
In the final analysis the police team were well worth their wins in three of the six events.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
The Fakenham Youth Club in Cattle Market Street is very fortunate that the local police have always given generously of their time in supporting
the club. The event was organised by Janet Vertigan and supported by a dedicated team of volunteers.
The club is open every Friday night from 7-10.30pm for youngsters aged 12-17.