Police prove great sports
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
On Friday night a nine-strong local police team took on Fakenham youth club members.
A series of six sporting events had been arranged, starting off at the Fakenham Superbowl.
In nearly four hours of competition on the night, talents on show were - flicks, smashing and fancy footwork on the table tennis table; on the darts oche pressure and nerves aplenty, finishing on that elusive double; cannons galore on the pool table; police power play at the bowling alley.
Skill and flair was evident in all events. In particular for the police on the oche Becky Taylor and Malcolm Pearson, on the pool table Angela Grant and Wayne Dawson, at table tennis Suzanne Pulfer and Richard Garrett.
For the youth club, James Wright, Ryan Li, Matt Warnes, Ben Watts, Nasco and Ashley all performed well.
In the final analysis the police team were well worth their wins in three of the six events.
- 1 Nurse relives crash drama as calls for road to be gritted grow
- 2 Main road through seaside town to close for five weeks
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 5 New special school opens doors to first students
- 6 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 7 The Floods of 1953 in Norfolk: Remembering the heroes who helped
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Canoeist Shaun chasing Paralympic dream after devastating bike crash
- 10 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
The Fakenham Youth Club in Cattle Market Street is very fortunate that the local police have always given generously of their time in supporting
the club. The event was organised by Janet Vertigan and supported by a dedicated team of volunteers.
The club is open every Friday night from 7-10.30pm for youngsters aged 12-17.