Return to winning ways
Sprowston Wanderers 1, Fakenham Reserves 2THE first of the two consecutive Fakenham Reserves six pointers ended with the Ghosts gaining their first points since October and their first win since September.
Sprowston Wanderers 1, Fakenham Reserves 2
THE first of the two consecutive Fakenham Reserves six pointers ended with the Ghosts gaining their first points since October and their first win since September.
They had to win or their season was virtually over. Fakenham welcomed back Chris Broughton to the subs bench from a long-term injury and Steve Stokes replaced Dean Williamson, who dropped to the bench.
Within the first 10 minutes French played in A Saunders but his placed shot was saved. Sprowston created a few chances before Fakenham started to play some good attacking football with Stockdale and Smith linking up well with Saunders and French.
You may also want to watch:
French and Stokes had a couple of good chances, but again these could not be taken. Stockdale went off injured after 20 minutes and Broughton came on to the midfield. Sprowston punished Fakenham on the break with a well taken goal.
In the second half Fakenham's pressure finally paid off when Blaza crossed perfectly for Byron Huggins to smash the ball in the back of the net with a great header for the equalizer.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
- 9 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 10 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
This lifted the players and S Saunders and Franks were solid at the back and kept the ball to push the team forward. Fakenham gained a penalty for handball and French coolly slotted home.
Dean Williamson showed a great attitude, Geoff Saunders was thanked for assisting the team, and referee John Coates was congratulated on a great game.
Team: Cracknell, Raisbury, Franks, Huggins, S Saunders, Stockdale (Broughton), Smith, Stokes, Blaza, French, A Saunders (Williamson).
Saturday: at home to Downham Market, 2pm, players to meet 1pm at Clipbush.