Rix heroics in vain for Ghosts
Fakenham 0, Gorleston 1FAKENHAM keeper Tom Rix saved two penalties but still ended up on the losing side as Gorleston grabbed a late winner at Clipbush Park on Tuesday.
Fakenham 0, Gorleston 1
FAKENHAM keeper Tom Rix saved two penalties but still ended up on the losing side as Gorleston grabbed a late winner at Clipbush Park on Tuesday.
The Greens, who had been reduced to 10 men on the hour mark when Kyle Howell was shown a straight red for a foul on Stephen Harvey, scored the game's only goal when Liam Bartley prodded home after a long free-kick from keeper Elliot Pride.
Pride had denied Tom McCarthy in the first half before Rix took centre stage, saving spot-kicks from Kevin Howes and Gary Williams.
You may also want to watch:
But Fakenham couldn't take advantage of their numerical superiority and it was Bartley who had the final say.
Fakenham 0, Stowmarket 1
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
FAKENHAM'S failure to find the back of the net cost them dearly again on Saturday.
The dye was cast in the opening eight minutes when three chances were spurned.
Jake Betts miscued from the edge of the area with the goal beckoning, before Jason Day and Tom McCarthy missed openings. The Ghosts paid the penalty when substitute Bruce Clark was left time and space to fire the only goal of the game after 30 minutes.
Ghosts defender Lee Hyde hit the bar in the second half as Fakenham searched in vain for an equaliser.