Rix heroics in vain for Ghosts
Fakenham 0, Gorleston 1FAKENHAM keeper Tom Rix saved two penalties but still ended up on the losing side as Gorleston grabbed a late winner at Clipbush Park on Tuesday.
Fakenham 0, Gorleston 1
FAKENHAM keeper Tom Rix saved two penalties but still ended up on the losing side as Gorleston grabbed a late winner at Clipbush Park on Tuesday.
The Greens, who had been reduced to 10 men on the hour mark when Kyle Howell was shown a straight red for a foul on Stephen Harvey, scored the game's only goal when Liam Bartley prodded home after a long free-kick from keeper Elliot Pride.
Pride had denied Tom McCarthy in the first half before Rix took centre stage, saving spot-kicks from Kevin Howes and Gary Williams.
You may also want to watch:
But Fakenham couldn't take advantage of their numerical superiority and it was Bartley who had the final say.
Fakenham 0, Stowmarket 1
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
FAKENHAM'S failure to find the back of the net cost them dearly again on Saturday.
The dye was cast in the opening eight minutes when three chances were spurned.
Jake Betts miscued from the edge of the area with the goal beckoning, before Jason Day and Tom McCarthy missed openings. The Ghosts paid the penalty when substitute Bruce Clark was left time and space to fire the only goal of the game after 30 minutes.
Ghosts defender Lee Hyde hit the bar in the second half as Fakenham searched in vain for an equaliser.