Rix heroics in vain for Ghosts
Fakenham 0, Gorleston 1FAKENHAM keeper Tom Rix saved two penalties but still ended up on the losing side as Gorleston grabbed a late winner at Clipbush Park on Tuesday.
Fakenham 0, Gorleston 1
FAKENHAM keeper Tom Rix saved two penalties but still ended up on the losing side as Gorleston grabbed a late winner at Clipbush Park on Tuesday.
The Greens, who had been reduced to 10 men on the hour mark when Kyle Howell was shown a straight red for a foul on Stephen Harvey, scored the game's only goal when Liam Bartley prodded home after a long free-kick from keeper Elliot Pride.
Pride had denied Tom McCarthy in the first half before Rix took centre stage, saving spot-kicks from Kevin Howes and Gary Williams.
You may also want to watch:
But Fakenham couldn't take advantage of their numerical superiority and it was Bartley who had the final say.
Fakenham 0, Stowmarket 1
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
FAKENHAM'S failure to find the back of the net cost them dearly again on Saturday.
The dye was cast in the opening eight minutes when three chances were spurned.
Jake Betts miscued from the edge of the area with the goal beckoning, before Jason Day and Tom McCarthy missed openings. The Ghosts paid the penalty when substitute Bruce Clark was left time and space to fire the only goal of the game after 30 minutes.
Ghosts defender Lee Hyde hit the bar in the second half as Fakenham searched in vain for an equaliser.