King’s Lynn ace Lambert blazing a trail for GB in Poland
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn favourite Robert Lambert is joint second in the European Championship after another solid display in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Lambert, who first raced for Lynn as a teenager in 2013, notched 10 points on the night in a meeting won by new series leader Leon Madsen.
Triple world champion Nicki Pedersen is level with Lambert on 24 points, two behind Madsen, with three rounds remaining – all in Poland.
It was his first visit to the track which has played host to some of the most sensational Grand Prix action down the years – and it didn’t disappoint in round two of the SEC.
Stars boss Peter Schroeck watched the action and said: “The boys is in the mix for the title big time – well done, Robert. I’m sure every King’s Lynn supporter is right behind him.”
You may also want to watch:
Leading placings: Leon Madsen (Denmark) 14, Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark) 13, Grigorij ?aguta (Russia) 13, Emil Sajfutdinow (Russia) 14, Robert Lambert (GB) 10, Nicki Pedersen (Denmark) 10, Andriej Kudriaszow (Russia) 8, Timo Lahti (Finland) 8.
Leading overall standings: 1 Madsen 26, 2 Pedersen 24, 3 Lambert 24, 4 Michelsen 23, 5 Laguta 20, 6 Bartosz Smektala (Poland) 18, 7 Lahti 16, 8 Sayfutdinov 14.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published