King’s Lynn ace Lambert blazing a trail for GB in Poland
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn favourite Robert Lambert is joint second in the European Championship after another solid display in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Lambert, who first raced for Lynn as a teenager in 2013, notched 10 points on the night in a meeting won by new series leader Leon Madsen.
Triple world champion Nicki Pedersen is level with Lambert on 24 points, two behind Madsen, with three rounds remaining – all in Poland.
It was his first visit to the track which has played host to some of the most sensational Grand Prix action down the years – and it didn’t disappoint in round two of the SEC.
Stars boss Peter Schroeck watched the action and said: “The boys is in the mix for the title big time – well done, Robert. I’m sure every King’s Lynn supporter is right behind him.”
You may also want to watch:
Leading placings: Leon Madsen (Denmark) 14, Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark) 13, Grigorij ?aguta (Russia) 13, Emil Sajfutdinow (Russia) 14, Robert Lambert (GB) 10, Nicki Pedersen (Denmark) 10, Andriej Kudriaszow (Russia) 8, Timo Lahti (Finland) 8.
Leading overall standings: 1 Madsen 26, 2 Pedersen 24, 3 Lambert 24, 4 Michelsen 23, 5 Laguta 20, 6 Bartosz Smektala (Poland) 18, 7 Lahti 16, 8 Sayfutdinov 14.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed