Rugby club's rallying call
Fakenham 13, UEA 53Fakenham Rugby Club has been suffering from injuries, resulting in all sides being under-strength, but allowing players to progress up through the teams.
Fakenham 13, UEA 53
Fakenham Rugby Club has been suffering from injuries, resulting in all sides being under-strength, but allowing players to progress up through the teams.
They need as many players as possible to train on Tuesdays to build a strong team as they tackle staying in Eastern Counties One.
Stalwart Peter Colley came out of retirement to captain a young side with high hopes.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham started strongly with great disruptive presence from the forwards resulting with Sayer scoring from a well-formed ruck, soon followed by Warren breaking through to steal a spilt ball at a UEA line-out.
He was unstoppable from five yards. Both conversions were missed.
- 1 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 2 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 3 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 4 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 5 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 8 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 9 Community brings flower power to village streets
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
The UEA backs then capitalised on each Fakenham mistake, playing some expansive rugby to score wide on several occasions.
The second half saw a quick flurry of tries and conversions from the UEA, but Fakenham's young side upped their tackling game and started to make steady territorial ground, with strong running from Starman, only to be punished again for any mistakes.
Baine-Young made the most of a penalty chance. Second row Underwood made a 30-yard rampaging run, only to be cruelly brought back for a UEA infringement. Sayer was sin-binned in the last five minutes and the remaining 14 showed true heart.