Seasiders are made to work
Wells Town 4, Bungay Town 2
THE table-topping Seasiders got back to winning ways against a Black Dogs side which pushed them all the way.
On a very heavy and difficult pitch, it took until the 40th minute before Harrison scored with a low drive.
Within minutes Bungay’s Youngman beat the offside trap and slotted home.
On the hour a perfect flag-kick found Cooper, who volleyed home the loose ball to swing the advantage towards Wells.
Downing between the posts for the Black Dogs pulled off several point-blank saves as the Seasiders looked to increase their lead. A 65th minute pin-point pass from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who gave Downing no chance.
Minutes later a slip in defence allowed McDonald to reduce the arrears before a 75th-minute penalty to Wells. Sutherland-Gray scored with the follow up after Downing had pushed the ball out.
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 6 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 9 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 10 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
Wells Town travel to Sprowston Athletic on Saturday, ko 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves host Redgrave, ko 2.30pm, at Beach Road.