Seasiders are made to work
Wells Town 4, Bungay Town 2
THE table-topping Seasiders got back to winning ways against a Black Dogs side which pushed them all the way.
On a very heavy and difficult pitch, it took until the 40th minute before Harrison scored with a low drive.
Within minutes Bungay’s Youngman beat the offside trap and slotted home.
On the hour a perfect flag-kick found Cooper, who volleyed home the loose ball to swing the advantage towards Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Downing between the posts for the Black Dogs pulled off several point-blank saves as the Seasiders looked to increase their lead. A 65th minute pin-point pass from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who gave Downing no chance.
Minutes later a slip in defence allowed McDonald to reduce the arrears before a 75th-minute penalty to Wells. Sutherland-Gray scored with the follow up after Downing had pushed the ball out.
- 1 Explained: What do the latest figures tell us about Norfolk’s likely Covid tier?
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 4 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 5 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 8 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 9 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 10 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
Wells Town travel to Sprowston Athletic on Saturday, ko 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves host Redgrave, ko 2.30pm, at Beach Road.