Seasiders are made to work
Wells Town 4, Bungay Town 2
THE table-topping Seasiders got back to winning ways against a Black Dogs side which pushed them all the way.
On a very heavy and difficult pitch, it took until the 40th minute before Harrison scored with a low drive.
Within minutes Bungay’s Youngman beat the offside trap and slotted home.
On the hour a perfect flag-kick found Cooper, who volleyed home the loose ball to swing the advantage towards Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Downing between the posts for the Black Dogs pulled off several point-blank saves as the Seasiders looked to increase their lead. A 65th minute pin-point pass from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who gave Downing no chance.
Minutes later a slip in defence allowed McDonald to reduce the arrears before a 75th-minute penalty to Wells. Sutherland-Gray scored with the follow up after Downing had pushed the ball out.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
Wells Town travel to Sprowston Athletic on Saturday, ko 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves host Redgrave, ko 2.30pm, at Beach Road.