Seasiders are made to work
Wells Town 4, Bungay Town 2
THE table-topping Seasiders got back to winning ways against a Black Dogs side which pushed them all the way.
On a very heavy and difficult pitch, it took until the 40th minute before Harrison scored with a low drive.
Within minutes Bungay’s Youngman beat the offside trap and slotted home.
On the hour a perfect flag-kick found Cooper, who volleyed home the loose ball to swing the advantage towards Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Downing between the posts for the Black Dogs pulled off several point-blank saves as the Seasiders looked to increase their lead. A 65th minute pin-point pass from Sutherland-Gray found Grocott, who gave Downing no chance.
Minutes later a slip in defence allowed McDonald to reduce the arrears before a 75th-minute penalty to Wells. Sutherland-Gray scored with the follow up after Downing had pushed the ball out.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Wells Town travel to Sprowston Athletic on Saturday, ko 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves host Redgrave, ko 2.30pm, at Beach Road.