Sole Bay 4, Wells Town 1THE Seasiders travelled to face Sole Bay with key players missing, but still created enough chances to have taken something from the match.
Sole Bay 4, Wells Town 1
THE Seasiders travelled to face Sole Bay with key players missing, but still created enough chances to have taken something from the match.
Missed opportunities and good goalkeeping kept Wells goal-less. Whatling held a good sixth-minute Griffin shot, Macnab-Grieve headed clear a home corner.
Sole Bay were let off when good work by Rutland ended with his shot coming back off Whatling's upright.
You may also want to watch:
Wells broke the deadlock when Grocott beat Whatling to the ball, allowing Murfit to score his 30th goal of the season.
Palmer equalised when he placed a good shot just inside the post.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
Wells pushed forward straight from the start of the second period, which saw Murfit hit a good shot that came back off Whatling's upright.
Armiger then saved a certain goal as Palmer again found space. Minutes later Palmer scored his second when he placed another shot out of Armiger's reach. On the 80 and 90 minutes Sole Bay killed off the match when Wright scored and Palmer converted a penalty.
Wells Town visit St Andrews on Saturday, 2.30pm ko.
Wells Reserves entertain East Harling, Beach Road, 2.30pm ko.
Wells Town FC host North West Norfolk Division Three cup final on tomorrow (Friday), sponsored by Le Strange Arms Hotel: Old Hunstanton v Wisbech United 7.45pm ko.