Seasiders blowing hot
Stalham Town 0, Wells Town 3
FOOTBALL: Wells Town travelled to Rivers Park to face an improving Stalham Town on January 15 and returned with a hard-fought three points to maintain their push for promotion at the top of Anglian Combination Division One.
The Seasiders started with a strong wind advantage. It blew straight down the pitch, although no real clear-cut chances were created as the wind spoiled attempts at real passing football.
Wells started the second period facing the wind and started to create chances from the first whistle.
The deadlock was broken when, from a free-kick, McCallum rose above his marker to powerfully head home.
You may also want to watch:
East scored the second when he created space and collected a neat ball from Sutherland-Gray to slot home with ease.
In the 85th minute Sutherland-Gray netted Wells’ third goal when he turned and volleyed home past the Stalham keeper.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 3 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 4 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 8 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead