Seasiders blowing hot
Stalham Town 0, Wells Town 3
FOOTBALL: Wells Town travelled to Rivers Park to face an improving Stalham Town on January 15 and returned with a hard-fought three points to maintain their push for promotion at the top of Anglian Combination Division One.
The Seasiders started with a strong wind advantage. It blew straight down the pitch, although no real clear-cut chances were created as the wind spoiled attempts at real passing football.
Wells started the second period facing the wind and started to create chances from the first whistle.
The deadlock was broken when, from a free-kick, McCallum rose above his marker to powerfully head home.
You may also want to watch:
East scored the second when he created space and collected a neat ball from Sutherland-Gray to slot home with ease.
In the 85th minute Sutherland-Gray netted Wells’ third goal when he turned and volleyed home past the Stalham keeper.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop