Seasiders earn a point
Wells Town 1, Mattishall 1Top versus bottom of the Anglian Combination Division One saw Mattishall visit Beach Road midweek.The high-flying visitors scored after only five minutes.
Wells Town 1, Mattishall 1
Top versus bottom of the Anglian Combination Division One saw Mattishall visit Beach Road midweek.
The high-flying visitors scored after only five minutes. A long ball appeared to be handled by King before he volleyed home past Fulford.
A Wells free-kick had Pledger tipping the ball over for a corner Mattishall struggled to clear as Wells forced four consecutive flag-kicks, with the bar rattled twice.
You may also want to watch:
Wells attacked from the start of the second period and a 47th minute free-kick saw Frary head home the equaliser.
A good cross from Grocott was met by Armiger, who was inches off target.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 8 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
Mattishall lost Lovell for serious foul play following a tackle on McCallum.
Corton 4, Wells Town 0
ON Saturday, the Seasiders travelled with players missing from the previous Tuesday night's match again were given a lesson in scoring.
Play was fairly even as both sides struggled to create any real chances. Corton cleared two early Wells flag kicks and Cambridge blasted over Molyenuex's bar from close range.
Corton broke the deadlock on 30 minutes when a long-range Fletcher shot hit Molyneux's post and rolled over the line.
Corton added a second on 70 minutes when Fletcher turned his marker and gave Molyneux no chance. East had a good effort skim the home bar and minutes later a good effort was forced wide.
Fletcher added his third on 90 minutes and the home side scored No4 in time added on.
Wells Town travel to Wymondham on Saturday (ko 2pm.
Wells Town Reserves travel to Newton Flotman (ko 2pm).