Seasiders earn a point
Wells Town 1, Mattishall 1Top versus bottom of the Anglian Combination Division One saw Mattishall visit Beach Road midweek.The high-flying visitors scored after only five minutes.
Wells Town 1, Mattishall 1
Top versus bottom of the Anglian Combination Division One saw Mattishall visit Beach Road midweek.
The high-flying visitors scored after only five minutes. A long ball appeared to be handled by King before he volleyed home past Fulford.
A Wells free-kick had Pledger tipping the ball over for a corner Mattishall struggled to clear as Wells forced four consecutive flag-kicks, with the bar rattled twice.
You may also want to watch:
Wells attacked from the start of the second period and a 47th minute free-kick saw Frary head home the equaliser.
A good cross from Grocott was met by Armiger, who was inches off target.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Mattishall lost Lovell for serious foul play following a tackle on McCallum.
Corton 4, Wells Town 0
ON Saturday, the Seasiders travelled with players missing from the previous Tuesday night's match again were given a lesson in scoring.
Play was fairly even as both sides struggled to create any real chances. Corton cleared two early Wells flag kicks and Cambridge blasted over Molyenuex's bar from close range.
Corton broke the deadlock on 30 minutes when a long-range Fletcher shot hit Molyneux's post and rolled over the line.
Corton added a second on 70 minutes when Fletcher turned his marker and gave Molyneux no chance. East had a good effort skim the home bar and minutes later a good effort was forced wide.
Fletcher added his third on 90 minutes and the home side scored No4 in time added on.
Wells Town travel to Wymondham on Saturday (ko 2pm.
Wells Town Reserves travel to Newton Flotman (ko 2pm).