Seasiders find their scoring touch
Wells Town 2, Reepham Town 0THE Seasiders, in their first competitive match of the new season, beat a Robins side who had a good win the week before against Sprowston Athletic.
Wells Town 2, Reepham Town 0
THE Seasiders, in their first competitive match of the new season, beat a Robins side who had a good win the week before against Sprowston Athletic.
Both sides started brightly, with the Robins slightly edging the first half.Reepham had a clear-cut chance prior to the interval, only for the striker to place his shot wide of the target.
Wells looked sharper at the restart and in the 47th minute new signing Scott Grey pounced to head the Seasiders in front.
You may also want to watch:
Wells started to settle and pass the ball about to feet, putting the visitors under pressure. And when Reepham did look dangerous, Molyneux cleared up.
Grey added his and Wells' second when he drove a powerful shot past James after 75 minutes.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
Bungay Town 3, Wells Town 4
Wells Town showed true grit and character as they went behind no fewer than three times in this contest at Maltings Meadow.
A good free-kick saw the home side take the lead, only for Grocott to head the equaliser on 30 minutes.
Prior to the break Bungay scored from an acute angle, with Wells' defence stretched.
Straight from the re-start Grey equalised with a well-placed header, but the home side then went ahead again when a long ball over the top caught Wells flat-footed.
Cawston equalised for Wells on 65 minutes when he tapped home from close range. Grocott found the winner on 85 minutes with a strong
Wells Town host Stalham on Saturday at Beach Road, 2.30pm ko.
Wells Town Reserves 5, Reepham Town Reserves 1
Wells went a goal behind early in this contest, however Wells they battled back and secured a solid win in their first match of the new season, goals from Cole, Edwards, Williamson and a brace from Wick securing the points.
Hindringham Reserves 4, Wells Town Reserves 2
Hindringham scored a very early goal in this mid-week contest, but Edwards worked hard and equalized for the visitors.
The home side then added a second, Edwards again equalizing for Wells.
With the match drawing to a close and light fading fast, Wells' defence lost concentration and the home side added two quick goals.
Wells Reserves travel to Corton Reserves on Saturday, ko 2.30pm.