Seasiders held by Saints
Wells Town 1 St. Andrews 1This was the third meeting between these two teams this season, with honours still equal after this draw.Saints took the Norfolk Senior Cup match, with Wells winning the Mummery Cup encounter.
Wells Town 1 St. Andrews 1
This was the third meeting between these two teams this season, with honours still equal after this draw.
Saints took the Norfolk Senior Cup match, with Wells winning the Mummery Cup encounter. The decider will be at Thorpe rec later this season in the return Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One match.
Wells' defence blocked an early Saints' free-kick, but the deadlock was broken in the seventh minute when a good through ball from McCallum was collected by Murfit, who scored with a delicate chip over Saints' keeper Francis.
You may also want to watch:
Page cleared a dangerous ball as Crane found space for the visitors and Pennell had a free header but failed to connect from close range.
In the 45th minute Crane found the equaliser for the Saints when he pounced on a loose ball that Wells failed to clear.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
Saints cleared a Wells corner kick off Francis' goal line. Seasiders' new signing Mills was introduced and his first touch skimmed the Saints' bar. At the other end, Taylor found space, but shot over from close range. Saints lost keeper Francis following an injury and Barraclough deputised in goal.
Wells Town host Sole Bay, Saturday 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves' scheduled match at CNSOBU fell to the overnight snow. They travel to Bungay Reserves on Saturday, 2pm ko.