Seasiders held by Saints
Wells Town 1 St. Andrews 1This was the third meeting between these two teams this season, with honours still equal after this draw.Saints took the Norfolk Senior Cup match, with Wells winning the Mummery Cup encounter.
Wells Town 1 St. Andrews 1
This was the third meeting between these two teams this season, with honours still equal after this draw.
Saints took the Norfolk Senior Cup match, with Wells winning the Mummery Cup encounter. The decider will be at Thorpe rec later this season in the return Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One match.
Wells' defence blocked an early Saints' free-kick, but the deadlock was broken in the seventh minute when a good through ball from McCallum was collected by Murfit, who scored with a delicate chip over Saints' keeper Francis.
You may also want to watch:
Page cleared a dangerous ball as Crane found space for the visitors and Pennell had a free header but failed to connect from close range.
In the 45th minute Crane found the equaliser for the Saints when he pounced on a loose ball that Wells failed to clear.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
- 10 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
Saints cleared a Wells corner kick off Francis' goal line. Seasiders' new signing Mills was introduced and his first touch skimmed the Saints' bar. At the other end, Taylor found space, but shot over from close range. Saints lost keeper Francis following an injury and Barraclough deputised in goal.
Wells Town host Sole Bay, Saturday 2.30pm.
Wells Reserves' scheduled match at CNSOBU fell to the overnight snow. They travel to Bungay Reserves on Saturday, 2pm ko.