Seasiders looking safe
Wells Town 1, Bungay Town 1AGAINST promotion hopfuls the Seasiders secured a valuable point to make it eight matches unbeaten as they look to secure senior status.
Wells Town 1, Bungay Town 1
AGAINST promotion hopfuls the Seasiders secured a valuable point to make it eight matches unbeaten as they look to secure senior status.
After only six minutes Wells went behind to a powerful McFarlane header that gave Molyneux no chance, the first goal conceded in six games.
Wells settled fast and started to make probing attacks into the Black Dogs danger areas. Prior to the interval a good attacking move saw Pentney make a pin-point cross to Harrison who unleashed a 30-yard volley that flew in off the underside of the bar to level the scores.
You may also want to watch:
All was to play for in the second period, Wells' attacking play causing the Black Dogs problems, but they could not find the second goal.
Wells travel to Stalham on Saturday 2.30pm.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
Mattishall Res 5, Wells Res 1
Wells were looking to follow up a good win at St Andrews, but struggled to find the killer touch. A missed penalty at 2-1 was the turning point as Matishall added three further goals to kill off the contest, Wells scorer Williamson.
Wells Res travel to Freethorpe on Saturday, 2.30pm ko
Tonight (Thursday) Wells Town FC Host the Build Centre North West Norfolk Division 1 Cup final 7.30pm ko, Kings Lynn A v West Lynn SSC.