Seasiders make it a double
Attleborough Town 0, Wells Town 2THE Seasiders' first double of the season arrived at Station Road on Saturday in a hard-fought Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One encounter.
Attleborough Town 0, Wells Town 2
THE Seasiders' first double of the season arrived at Station Road on Saturday in a hard-fought Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One encounter.
With two new faces in the starting line up, Wells were looking to secure the points on a surface on which it was difficult to play passing football.
McCallum cleared a third-minute home corner straight to the other end of the park. Boro cleared a Wells attack at the expense of a corner, and Page was alert to clear a dangerous ball as Attleborough broke.
You may also want to watch:
Wells were let off when a shot-cum-cross skimmed Fulford's upright.
Murfit collected a good through ball from Mills only to see his shot go wide.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
Fulford gathered up a home free-kick, and Murfit had the home keeper saving at full stretch with a curling shot.
Mills had the ball in the net only for it to be ruled offside.
In the 49th minute Macnab-Grieve had a good opportunity to score only for the ball to elude him with the goal at his mercy.
Wells' defence of Cooper, Frary and Page were coping with the home attacks, and Wells broke the stalemate on 65 minutes.
Mills laid an excellent ball through to Rutland, who gave the keeper no chance, Wells added a second in the 78th minute when good link-up play between Mills Grocott and Murfit ended with Murfit applying the finishing touch.
Wells Town travel to Sprowston Wanderers on Saturday, kick off 2.30am.