Seasiders make it a double
Attleborough Town 0, Wells Town 2THE Seasiders' first double of the season arrived at Station Road on Saturday in a hard-fought Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One encounter.
Attleborough Town 0, Wells Town 2
THE Seasiders' first double of the season arrived at Station Road on Saturday in a hard-fought Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One encounter.
With two new faces in the starting line up, Wells were looking to secure the points on a surface on which it was difficult to play passing football.
McCallum cleared a third-minute home corner straight to the other end of the park. Boro cleared a Wells attack at the expense of a corner, and Page was alert to clear a dangerous ball as Attleborough broke.
You may also want to watch:
Wells were let off when a shot-cum-cross skimmed Fulford's upright.
Murfit collected a good through ball from Mills only to see his shot go wide.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
Fulford gathered up a home free-kick, and Murfit had the home keeper saving at full stretch with a curling shot.
Mills had the ball in the net only for it to be ruled offside.
In the 49th minute Macnab-Grieve had a good opportunity to score only for the ball to elude him with the goal at his mercy.
Wells' defence of Cooper, Frary and Page were coping with the home attacks, and Wells broke the stalemate on 65 minutes.
Mills laid an excellent ball through to Rutland, who gave the keeper no chance, Wells added a second in the 78th minute when good link-up play between Mills Grocott and Murfit ended with Murfit applying the finishing touch.
Wells Town travel to Sprowston Wanderers on Saturday, kick off 2.30am.