Seasiders on a roll
Wells Town 1, Wymondham Town 0THE Seasiders secured their fifth win in a row to lift them into ninth position in Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One after another solid performance across all areas of the park.
Wells Town 1, Wymondham Town 0
THE Seasiders secured their fifth win in a row to lift them into ninth position in Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One after another solid performance across all areas of the park.
Wells' first attack was cleared by Wymonham's Page. Immediately at the other end, Hardy headed over Fulford's bar, with both sides attacking at every chance.
Hodges held a ninth-minute home attack, and minutes later he tipped a Murfit shot over his bar. Hodges was brought into action again when he gathered up a loose ball with Macnab-Grieve looming in on goal. The busy Hodges then left the field following an eye injury.
You may also want to watch:
Frary saw a 51st minute header from a Wells corner rebound off the visitors' bar, and minutes later a Wymondham defender cleared the ball off the line.
Murfit broke the deadlock in the 67th minute when he placed a low shot past Hodges and into the corner of the net.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 8 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
Cawston was alert to head clear a Wymondham free-kick, and a 90th minute corner was cleared by the home defence.
Wells Town travel to Sole Bay on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
CNSOBU 2, Wells Town Reserves 2
TOWN'S reserves let a two-goal lead slip on Saturday to end up with a point against CNSOBU at Britannia Barracks.
Palmer netted the first for Wells to give them the advantage at the interval. Scoles added a second from the penalty spot before the home Old Boys equalised with two second-half strikes.
Wells Reserves host Cromer Reserves on Saturday, Beach Road at 2.30pm.