Seasiders on a roll
Wells Town 1, Wymondham Town 0THE Seasiders secured their fifth win in a row to lift them into ninth position in Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One after another solid performance across all areas of the park.
Wells Town 1, Wymondham Town 0
THE Seasiders secured their fifth win in a row to lift them into ninth position in Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division One after another solid performance across all areas of the park.
Wells' first attack was cleared by Wymonham's Page. Immediately at the other end, Hardy headed over Fulford's bar, with both sides attacking at every chance.
Hodges held a ninth-minute home attack, and minutes later he tipped a Murfit shot over his bar. Hodges was brought into action again when he gathered up a loose ball with Macnab-Grieve looming in on goal. The busy Hodges then left the field following an eye injury.
Frary saw a 51st minute header from a Wells corner rebound off the visitors' bar, and minutes later a Wymondham defender cleared the ball off the line.
Murfit broke the deadlock in the 67th minute when he placed a low shot past Hodges and into the corner of the net.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 8 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 9 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
Cawston was alert to head clear a Wymondham free-kick, and a 90th minute corner was cleared by the home defence.
Wells Town travel to Sole Bay on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
CNSOBU 2, Wells Town Reserves 2
TOWN'S reserves let a two-goal lead slip on Saturday to end up with a point against CNSOBU at Britannia Barracks.
Palmer netted the first for Wells to give them the advantage at the interval. Scoles added a second from the penalty spot before the home Old Boys equalised with two second-half strikes.
Wells Reserves host Cromer Reserves on Saturday, Beach Road at 2.30pm.