Seasiders out of luck
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2, Wells Town 0THE Seasiders travelled to Walmer Road in search of points to move away from the basement of Anglian Combination Division One.
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2, Wells Town 0
THE Seasiders travelled to Walmer Road in search of points to move away from the basement of Anglian Combination Division One.
In the eighth minute a curling shot from Griffin looked destined for the top corner, only to skim inches over the bar, Wells then soaked up pressure from their top-of-the-table opponents, their defence standing firm. In the 26th minute East collected a through ball from Grocott and slotted home, only to have the effort disallowed for offside. Armiger gathered up any K&P chances with some fine handling.
Wells were very unlucky in the second period when two deflected shots (60 minutes and 70 minutes) came off defenders and wrong-footed Armiger.
You may also want to watch:
Wells host Long Stratton on Saturday, 2.30pm. Wells Reserves travel to Marlingford, 2.pm.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street