Seasiders out of luck
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2, Wells Town 0THE Seasiders travelled to Walmer Road in search of points to move away from the basement of Anglian Combination Division One.
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2, Wells Town 0
THE Seasiders travelled to Walmer Road in search of points to move away from the basement of Anglian Combination Division One.
In the eighth minute a curling shot from Griffin looked destined for the top corner, only to skim inches over the bar, Wells then soaked up pressure from their top-of-the-table opponents, their defence standing firm. In the 26th minute East collected a through ball from Grocott and slotted home, only to have the effort disallowed for offside. Armiger gathered up any K&P chances with some fine handling.
Wells were very unlucky in the second period when two deflected shots (60 minutes and 70 minutes) came off defenders and wrong-footed Armiger.
You may also want to watch:
Wells host Long Stratton on Saturday, 2.30pm. Wells Reserves travel to Marlingford, 2.pm.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal