Seasiders out of luck
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2, Wells Town 0THE Seasiders travelled to Walmer Road in search of points to move away from the basement of Anglian Combination Division One.
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2, Wells Town 0
THE Seasiders travelled to Walmer Road in search of points to move away from the basement of Anglian Combination Division One.
In the eighth minute a curling shot from Griffin looked destined for the top corner, only to skim inches over the bar, Wells then soaked up pressure from their top-of-the-table opponents, their defence standing firm. In the 26th minute East collected a through ball from Grocott and slotted home, only to have the effort disallowed for offside. Armiger gathered up any K&P chances with some fine handling.
Wells were very unlucky in the second period when two deflected shots (60 minutes and 70 minutes) came off defenders and wrong-footed Armiger.
You may also want to watch:
Wells host Long Stratton on Saturday, 2.30pm. Wells Reserves travel to Marlingford, 2.pm.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed