Seasiders’ proud run halted
Wymondham 4, Wells Town 1
The Seasiders’ 16-match undefeated run came to an abrupt end on Saturday.
The result leaves Wells top of Anglian Combination Division One with 46 points from 17 games to Wymondham’s 43 from 18.
Wymondham had done their homework and did not allow the Seasiders time on the ball, as they closed down any clear chances and were first to any loose ball.
The match was clearly over as a contest as early as the first half, as Wymondham raced into a 4-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
David Ramsbottom broke the deadlock on seven minutes. Luke Rackham hit a power shot past Molyneux on 15 minutes and another killer goal on 25 minutes before Robert Browne made it 4-0 on the half-hour.
Wells reduced the arrears on the stroke of half-time when Scott Sutherland-Gray converted a spot-kick.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
The Seasiders had as much of the second half as their hosts had of the first, but could not convert any chances.
Harrison had a good flag-kick headed off the line.
Wells must now concentrate on starting another solid run, on Saturday when Bungay visit Beach Road.
Wells Reserves host Hindringham Reserves on Tuesday at 7.30pm.