Seasiders rue missed chances
Wells Town 0, Sole Bay 1THE Seasiders created enough chances to have won this encounter within the first 45 minutes, and were then made to pay the penalty in the 88th minute when the visitors struck the only goal of the day.
Wells Town 0, Sole Bay 1
THE Seasiders created enough chances to have won this encounter within the first 45 minutes, and were then made to pay the penalty in the 88th minute when the visitors struck the only goal of the day.
Both sides were testing each other out looking for a breakthrough. Whatling cleared a Murfit attack, Harrison found space only for his final ball to elude Murfit, McCallum flashed a ball across the visitors' goal line on the half-hour. Oliver for the visitors should have broken the deadlock but shot well over when clean through.
Wells had to defend five corners early in the second period. Whatling forced Murfit wide of his goal as Wells looked to have scored.
You may also want to watch:
Barbrook found the only goal on 88 minutes with a power driver that gave Fulford no chance.
Wells thanked Mattishall for assisting with the transfer of Neil Macnab-Grieve
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Wells Town travel to Attleborough Town on Saturday with a 2.30pm start.