Seasiders rue missed chances
Wells Town 0, Sole Bay 1THE Seasiders created enough chances to have won this encounter within the first 45 minutes, and were then made to pay the penalty in the 88th minute when the visitors struck the only goal of the day.
Wells Town 0, Sole Bay 1
THE Seasiders created enough chances to have won this encounter within the first 45 minutes, and were then made to pay the penalty in the 88th minute when the visitors struck the only goal of the day.
Both sides were testing each other out looking for a breakthrough. Whatling cleared a Murfit attack, Harrison found space only for his final ball to elude Murfit, McCallum flashed a ball across the visitors' goal line on the half-hour. Oliver for the visitors should have broken the deadlock but shot well over when clean through.
Wells had to defend five corners early in the second period. Whatling forced Murfit wide of his goal as Wells looked to have scored.
You may also want to watch:
Barbrook found the only goal on 88 minutes with a power driver that gave Fulford no chance.
Wells thanked Mattishall for assisting with the transfer of Neil Macnab-Grieve
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
Wells Town travel to Attleborough Town on Saturday with a 2.30pm start.