Seasiders rue penalty miss
Wells Town 0, Stalham Town 1The Seasiders created and missed enough chances to have won three matches in this Anglian Combination Division One contest which saw the Stalham keeper break his arm and Wells miss a late penalty.
Wells Town 0, Stalham Town 1
The Seasiders created and missed enough chances to have won three matches in this Anglian Combination Division One contest which saw the Stalham keeper break his arm and Wells miss a late penalty.
Farmer, for the visitors, saved well from McCallum after only four minutes, Cawston was alert to clear a Stalham attack and Dockerty blasted a shot high and wide of the target. Wells cleared a 15th minute flag kick.
A home corner arrived on the half-hour mark, with Stalham clearing, and minutes later Grocott rounded Farmer, only to see his shot go inches wide. Armiger placed another shot past an upright as the half drew to a close.
You may also want to watch:
A 48th minute free-kick flew over the visitors' goal as Wells continued to push forward, and minutes later a goal-mouth scramble produced three good saves from Farmer.
Wells were let off when Bell shot over when well placed, and at the other end Pentney turned his marker, only to see his shot come back off the post with Farmer stranded.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
Farmer then saved well from Murfit following a home corner. In the 89th minute, Dockerty collected a good through-ball from Bell to slot home past Fulford.
Straight from the re-start Wells broke, and after a serious injury to Stalham's keeper, who broke his arm as he fell collecting the ball, the referee awarded Wells a penalty. However, with the keeper receiving treatment from the emergency services, 30 minutes later the resulting spot-kick was saved by the substitute keeper.
Wells Town wish Lee Farmer a speedy recovery, and both teams thanked the Wells physio, Kim Wright, for her assistance.
The match sponsor was Burnham Motors.
AFC Norwich Reserves 6, Wells Town Reserves 4
The home side scored three early goals before Somerton and Pink reduced the arrears to 3-2 at the interval.
The hosts added a further three goals in the second half before Somerton and Pink again added a further goal each.