Seasiders secure status
Wells Town 3, Attleborough Town 0THE Seasiders required at least a point to secure senior status and produced the goods in the first 30 minutes with some real attacking play that saw Grocott score twice in as many minutes and East add a third before the interval.
Wells Town 3, Attleborough Town 0
THE Seasiders required at least a point to secure senior status and produced the goods in the first 30 minutes with some real attacking play that saw Grocott score twice in as many minutes and East add a third before the interval.
The visitors were unlucky when they flashed an early shot past Armiger's upright in the first minute, and the Seasiders' keeper turned another good effort onto his post and caught the rebound as a forward loomed.
Second period the Wells defence cleared any attacks that looked dangerous.
You may also want to watch:
Wells have gone 10 matches undefeated with only three goals conceded. If this had been the start of the season they would have been looking for promotion.
Tuesday, however, saw a 6-2 reverse at Mattishall.
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 4 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 10 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
Wells Reserves went to high-flying North Walsham Reserves and lost 8-0. With two players coming off injured and no subs, things were tough, and the Angels scored four goals in each half.
Wells thanked North Walsham for their assistance with the injured players.
On Tuesday night, Wells lost 6-2 at Mattishall.
Wells Reserves host St Andrews Reserves on Saturday 2.30pm.