Seasiders secure status
Wells Town 3, Attleborough Town 0THE Seasiders required at least a point to secure senior status and produced the goods in the first 30 minutes with some real attacking play that saw Grocott score twice in as many minutes and East add a third before the interval.
Wells Town 3, Attleborough Town 0
THE Seasiders required at least a point to secure senior status and produced the goods in the first 30 minutes with some real attacking play that saw Grocott score twice in as many minutes and East add a third before the interval.
The visitors were unlucky when they flashed an early shot past Armiger's upright in the first minute, and the Seasiders' keeper turned another good effort onto his post and caught the rebound as a forward loomed.
Second period the Wells defence cleared any attacks that looked dangerous.
You may also want to watch:
Wells have gone 10 matches undefeated with only three goals conceded. If this had been the start of the season they would have been looking for promotion.
Tuesday, however, saw a 6-2 reverse at Mattishall.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Wells Reserves went to high-flying North Walsham Reserves and lost 8-0. With two players coming off injured and no subs, things were tough, and the Angels scored four goals in each half.
Wells thanked North Walsham for their assistance with the injured players.
On Tuesday night, Wells lost 6-2 at Mattishall.
Wells Reserves host St Andrews Reserves on Saturday 2.30pm.