Seasiders secure status
Wells Town 3, Attleborough Town 0THE Seasiders required at least a point to secure senior status and produced the goods in the first 30 minutes with some real attacking play that saw Grocott score twice in as many minutes and East add a third before the interval.
Wells Town 3, Attleborough Town 0
THE Seasiders required at least a point to secure senior status and produced the goods in the first 30 minutes with some real attacking play that saw Grocott score twice in as many minutes and East add a third before the interval.
The visitors were unlucky when they flashed an early shot past Armiger's upright in the first minute, and the Seasiders' keeper turned another good effort onto his post and caught the rebound as a forward loomed.
Second period the Wells defence cleared any attacks that looked dangerous.
You may also want to watch:
Wells have gone 10 matches undefeated with only three goals conceded. If this had been the start of the season they would have been looking for promotion.
Tuesday, however, saw a 6-2 reverse at Mattishall.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in market town litter pick
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 6 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
Wells Reserves went to high-flying North Walsham Reserves and lost 8-0. With two players coming off injured and no subs, things were tough, and the Angels scored four goals in each half.
Wells thanked North Walsham for their assistance with the injured players.
On Tuesday night, Wells lost 6-2 at Mattishall.
Wells Reserves host St Andrews Reserves on Saturday 2.30pm.