Seasiders work hard to stay top
Watton United 1, Wells Town 2
TABLE-TOPPING Wells again had to work hard for their win.
From the first whistle Sutherland–Gray watched the ball skim past an upright.
Both sides searched for a breakthrough as the Anglian Combination Division One match ebbed and flowed, and on the stroke of half-time Walker for the home side slid the ball home past Molyneux with Wells looking for off-side.
Wells were looking for an improvement in the second period as it looked as though they were going to struggle for at least a point.
However, Sutherland-Gray found the equaliser on 75 minutes, which lifted the visitors, and following several corners McCallum volleyed home in the 80th minute off the underside of the bar after the home side failed to clear the loose ball.
Wells host Buxton on Saturday, 2.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
- 3 Brass band's search for new members as older players put off by Covid
- 4 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 5 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
- 6 'Over the moon' - Widower drums up £1,000 for caring hospice
- 7 Amazing images of Our Lady of Walsingham Shrine over the years
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products