Six-goal Evergreens set the pace
Watton 1, Evergreens 6League leaders Evergreens played this re-scheduled Martin & Acock Norfolk Women's League Premier Division fixture against one of only two teams they had dropped points to after drawing 1-1 earlier on the season.
Watton 1, Evergreens 6
League leaders Evergreens played this re-scheduled Martin & Acock Norfolk Women's League Premier Division fixture against one of only two teams they had dropped points to after drawing 1-1 earlier on the season.
The game started with both teams enjoying possession, with the visitors taking an early lead.
However, Evergreens settled and got into their rhythm. Three further first-half goals were scored for a 4-1 lead at half-time.
The second half saw a further two goals scored as Greens finished 6-1 winners. The result leaves Greens a comfortable six points clear. Scorers: Murfit (2), Binks (2), Gordon and Billie.
The next league game is away to Broadland on Saturday, February 23, push-back 11:30am.
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 8 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 9 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 10 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
Team: Su Hoogendyk, Tracy Daglish, Sarah Pruden, Lisa Murfit, Naomi Hirst, Sarah Curtis, Kathryn Gordon, Lizzie Binks, Tasha Bates, Rose McCourt, Trudi Moulton, Sue Murfit, Billie Gresham.
Evergreens II 0, Dereham II 1
HAVING not played for three weeks, Evergreens faced a young Dereham side in this friendly match at Gresham's on Saturday.
The Greens used this opportunity to introduce some new faces and build on fitness levels for the coming league matches. They started well and kept an energetic Dereham side at bay.
Evergreens were unlucky not to take the lead after consecutive short corners when the ball went wide a number of times. In the last few minutes of the first half the game was end-to-end. Greens' keeper Louise Creed made some excellent double saves to keep the scoresheet 0-0.
The second half saw Evergreens continue to battle hard. The whole team worked well together with some accurate passes allowing Katie Taylor and Annie McCourt to make some great runs up the wings. The Greens were unlucky to concede a goal midway through the half. A Dereham short corner saw the ball just beat the keeper.
The Greens didn't let this dampen their spirits and some excellent play in midfield by Helen Norman and Nicola Moulton kept the opposition at bay.
Dereham had the ball in the net again just before the end of the match, but it was disallowed.