Six-goal Evergreens set the pace
Watton 1, Evergreens 6League leaders Evergreens played this re-scheduled Martin & Acock Norfolk Women's League Premier Division fixture against one of only two teams they had dropped points to after drawing 1-1 earlier on the season.
Watton 1, Evergreens 6
League leaders Evergreens played this re-scheduled Martin & Acock Norfolk Women's League Premier Division fixture against one of only two teams they had dropped points to after drawing 1-1 earlier on the season.
The game started with both teams enjoying possession, with the visitors taking an early lead.
However, Evergreens settled and got into their rhythm. Three further first-half goals were scored for a 4-1 lead at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw a further two goals scored as Greens finished 6-1 winners. The result leaves Greens a comfortable six points clear. Scorers: Murfit (2), Binks (2), Gordon and Billie.
The next league game is away to Broadland on Saturday, February 23, push-back 11:30am.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 3 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 4 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
Team: Su Hoogendyk, Tracy Daglish, Sarah Pruden, Lisa Murfit, Naomi Hirst, Sarah Curtis, Kathryn Gordon, Lizzie Binks, Tasha Bates, Rose McCourt, Trudi Moulton, Sue Murfit, Billie Gresham.
Evergreens II 0, Dereham II 1
HAVING not played for three weeks, Evergreens faced a young Dereham side in this friendly match at Gresham's on Saturday.
The Greens used this opportunity to introduce some new faces and build on fitness levels for the coming league matches. They started well and kept an energetic Dereham side at bay.
Evergreens were unlucky not to take the lead after consecutive short corners when the ball went wide a number of times. In the last few minutes of the first half the game was end-to-end. Greens' keeper Louise Creed made some excellent double saves to keep the scoresheet 0-0.
The second half saw Evergreens continue to battle hard. The whole team worked well together with some accurate passes allowing Katie Taylor and Annie McCourt to make some great runs up the wings. The Greens were unlucky to concede a goal midway through the half. A Dereham short corner saw the ball just beat the keeper.
The Greens didn't let this dampen their spirits and some excellent play in midfield by Helen Norman and Nicola Moulton kept the opposition at bay.
Dereham had the ball in the net again just before the end of the match, but it was disallowed.