Six-goal Evergreens set the pace
Watton 1, Evergreens 6League leaders Evergreens played this re-scheduled Martin & Acock Norfolk Women's League Premier Division fixture against one of only two teams they had dropped points to after drawing 1-1 earlier on the season.
Watton 1, Evergreens 6
League leaders Evergreens played this re-scheduled Martin & Acock Norfolk Women's League Premier Division fixture against one of only two teams they had dropped points to after drawing 1-1 earlier on the season.
The game started with both teams enjoying possession, with the visitors taking an early lead.
However, Evergreens settled and got into their rhythm. Three further first-half goals were scored for a 4-1 lead at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw a further two goals scored as Greens finished 6-1 winners. The result leaves Greens a comfortable six points clear. Scorers: Murfit (2), Binks (2), Gordon and Billie.
The next league game is away to Broadland on Saturday, February 23, push-back 11:30am.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
Team: Su Hoogendyk, Tracy Daglish, Sarah Pruden, Lisa Murfit, Naomi Hirst, Sarah Curtis, Kathryn Gordon, Lizzie Binks, Tasha Bates, Rose McCourt, Trudi Moulton, Sue Murfit, Billie Gresham.
Evergreens II 0, Dereham II 1
HAVING not played for three weeks, Evergreens faced a young Dereham side in this friendly match at Gresham's on Saturday.
The Greens used this opportunity to introduce some new faces and build on fitness levels for the coming league matches. They started well and kept an energetic Dereham side at bay.
Evergreens were unlucky not to take the lead after consecutive short corners when the ball went wide a number of times. In the last few minutes of the first half the game was end-to-end. Greens' keeper Louise Creed made some excellent double saves to keep the scoresheet 0-0.
The second half saw Evergreens continue to battle hard. The whole team worked well together with some accurate passes allowing Katie Taylor and Annie McCourt to make some great runs up the wings. The Greens were unlucky to concede a goal midway through the half. A Dereham short corner saw the ball just beat the keeper.
The Greens didn't let this dampen their spirits and some excellent play in midfield by Helen Norman and Nicola Moulton kept the opposition at bay.
Dereham had the ball in the net again just before the end of the match, but it was disallowed.