Skipper delivers for Hindringham
Poringland Wanderers 2, Hindringham 3In an Anglian Combination Division One top-six clash, Hindringham completed the double over a side they beat 5-3 five weeks earlier.
Poringland Wanderers 2, Hindringham 3
In an Anglian Combination Division One top-six clash, Hindringham completed the double over a side they beat 5-3 five weeks earlier. Skipper Coslett scored the winner. Hindringham are now sixth, Wanderers third.
On a small sticky pitch Hindringham had to battle for everything. Manager West named the same side which won at home against Poringland.
Kicking down the slope it took only five minutes for Gray to outpace the full back and whip a quality ball into the box for strike partner Pask to side-foot home.
You may also want to watch:
Hindringham were in total control and could have added another from a corner when the ball fell to Tuck, who fired against a post. Hindringham defend well, limiting Poringland to long-distance shots or closing them down well.
Hindringham extended their lead with 15 minutes of the half remaining. The ball fell to Whittred who fired home from the edge of the box into the corner. Gray sent a bullet header against the bar from a Coslett cross with the keeper well beaten.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 4 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
- 5 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 6 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 9 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 10 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
Poringland were whipping dangerous balls into the box second half and from one of these, keeper Cracknall failed to gather and the ball looped into the far corner, which gave Poringland hope.
Hindringham were under pressure and could not get the ball up to the front two of Pask and Gray, and it was not long before Poringland drew level.
Hindringham started to get back in the game. The emphasis was to get the ball behind the Porlingland defence. Whittred did this and Gray chased, laid the ball off to West who held the ball up well before slotting in skipper Coslett. He coolly controlled and rolled the ball under the advancing keeper to give Hindringham sight of the three points.
Hindringham defended for their lives for the last five mintues.
Next, Hindringham visit Stalham 2pm ko, meet Bistro noon.