Softball comes to Fakenham
SOFTBALL comes to Fakenham on Sunday with the inaugural slow-pitch Festiball at Fakenham High School.Eleven teams have entered the competition. The majority come from the Fakenham area including teams from local pubs, the sports centre and the high school.
SOFTBALL comes to Fakenham on Sunday with the inaugural slow-pitch Festiball at Fakenham High School.
Eleven teams have entered the competition. The majority come from the Fakenham area including teams from local pubs, the sports centre and the high school.
To highlight the inclusive nature of the game, each team must field five men and five women.
For the majority of players this will be their first experience of taking part in competitive softball.
You may also want to watch:
The focus of the Festiball is on fun and participation where everyone can take part. It is hoped that enough interest will be generated to launch a more regular series of games, perhaps in a league format, in the future.
The first games start at 1pm. Four diamonds will be running all afternoon with the final game scheduled for completion at around 5pm.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
Spectators and supporters are very welcome to attend.