Softball comes to Fakenham
SOFTBALL comes to Fakenham on Sunday with the inaugural slow-pitch Festiball at Fakenham High School.Eleven teams have entered the competition. The majority come from the Fakenham area including teams from local pubs, the sports centre and the high school.
SOFTBALL comes to Fakenham on Sunday with the inaugural slow-pitch Festiball at Fakenham High School.
Eleven teams have entered the competition. The majority come from the Fakenham area including teams from local pubs, the sports centre and the high school.
To highlight the inclusive nature of the game, each team must field five men and five women.
For the majority of players this will be their first experience of taking part in competitive softball.
You may also want to watch:
The focus of the Festiball is on fun and participation where everyone can take part. It is hoped that enough interest will be generated to launch a more regular series of games, perhaps in a league format, in the future.
The first games start at 1pm. Four diamonds will be running all afternoon with the final game scheduled for completion at around 5pm.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 3 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 4 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
- 7 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 8 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 9 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 10 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
Spectators and supporters are very welcome to attend.