Softball comes to Fakenham
SOFTBALL comes to Fakenham on Sunday with the inaugural slow-pitch Festiball at Fakenham High School.Eleven teams have entered the competition. The majority come from the Fakenham area including teams from local pubs, the sports centre and the high school.
SOFTBALL comes to Fakenham on Sunday with the inaugural slow-pitch Festiball at Fakenham High School.
Eleven teams have entered the competition. The majority come from the Fakenham area including teams from local pubs, the sports centre and the high school.
To highlight the inclusive nature of the game, each team must field five men and five women.
For the majority of players this will be their first experience of taking part in competitive softball.
The focus of the Festiball is on fun and participation where everyone can take part. It is hoped that enough interest will be generated to launch a more regular series of games, perhaps in a league format, in the future.
The first games start at 1pm. Four diamonds will be running all afternoon with the final game scheduled for completion at around 5pm.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 8 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 9 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
Spectators and supporters are very welcome to attend.