Softball getting a hard sell
Softball is becoming a big hit in Fakenham.North Norfolk Schools Partnership held a competition at the high school then over 100 players took part in the inaugural Fakenham Slopitch Softball Festiball on Sunday.
Softball is becoming a big hit in Fakenham.
North Norfolk Schools Partnership held a competition at the high school then over 100 players took part in the inaugural Fakenham Slopitch Softball Festiball on Sunday.
Ten teams battled it out throughout the afternoon, completing a total of 24 games. This was a mixed tournament, with teams required to field five ladies and five men.
The youngest team were the Fakenham White Sox, which consisted of high school Year Nine (13/14 years) pupils which finished in fifth position.
You may also want to watch:
The final was contested between the Evergreens Angels and the DC Dodgers. The Dodgers took a seven-run lead into the final innings, but the Angels battled back to narrow the game to a single run with one pitch remaining. A strong hit to left field gave them hope, but some strong Dodgers fielding completed the final out to secure the game and the title.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 3 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 4 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
- 7 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 8 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 9 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 10 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder