Softball getting a hard sell
Softball is becoming a big hit in Fakenham.North Norfolk Schools Partnership held a competition at the high school then over 100 players took part in the inaugural Fakenham Slopitch Softball Festiball on Sunday.
Softball is becoming a big hit in Fakenham.
North Norfolk Schools Partnership held a competition at the high school then over 100 players took part in the inaugural Fakenham Slopitch Softball Festiball on Sunday.
Ten teams battled it out throughout the afternoon, completing a total of 24 games. This was a mixed tournament, with teams required to field five ladies and five men.
The youngest team were the Fakenham White Sox, which consisted of high school Year Nine (13/14 years) pupils which finished in fifth position.
You may also want to watch:
The final was contested between the Evergreens Angels and the DC Dodgers. The Dodgers took a seven-run lead into the final innings, but the Angels battled back to narrow the game to a single run with one pitch remaining. A strong hit to left field gave them hope, but some strong Dodgers fielding completed the final out to secure the game and the title.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 8 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 9 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance