Softball getting a hard sell
Softball is becoming a big hit in Fakenham.North Norfolk Schools Partnership held a competition at the high school then over 100 players took part in the inaugural Fakenham Slopitch Softball Festiball on Sunday.
Softball is becoming a big hit in Fakenham.
North Norfolk Schools Partnership held a competition at the high school then over 100 players took part in the inaugural Fakenham Slopitch Softball Festiball on Sunday.
Ten teams battled it out throughout the afternoon, completing a total of 24 games. This was a mixed tournament, with teams required to field five ladies and five men.
The youngest team were the Fakenham White Sox, which consisted of high school Year Nine (13/14 years) pupils which finished in fifth position.
You may also want to watch:
The final was contested between the Evergreens Angels and the DC Dodgers. The Dodgers took a seven-run lead into the final innings, but the Angels battled back to narrow the game to a single run with one pitch remaining. A strong hit to left field gave them hope, but some strong Dodgers fielding completed the final out to secure the game and the title.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?