Solid win by Fakenham Foxes
Stanford Le Hope 10, Fakenham Foxes 44
The Foxes women’s rugby team gave another a solid team performance, Hannah White scoring five tries.
From the kick-off Fakenham took the lead with a try from Hannah, who was set up by captain Mandy Warren from the maul.
A quick penalty saw the ball shipped across the pitch to Kym Kendle who powered through the defence then passed for Hannah to score. Fly-half Sarah Wheelhouse converted.
Gemma Seville won the line-out leading, to a determined run from Kym for the Foxes’ third try under the posts, converted by Sarah.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah scored again, the ball secured from the forwards within the maul which gave Amber Wadlow the room to run and offload the scoring opportunity. Half-time: 22-0.
Stanford came back fighting and scored off the back of the scrum. The Foxes lost full back Jude to injury. Hannah put more points on the board to counter Stanford from a driving maul that stopped just short of the line. Amber passed for her to crash over. A quick penalty saw the ball shipped blind for Amber to run onto and score Fakenham’s sixth try.
- 1 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
Stanford burst through to score their second try but the Foxes were quick to show team spirit and from the scrum the ball was recycled through the back line for Sarah to score.
Bex Sedjwick’s had a try disallowed. Hazel Bridges made ground and Sarah, Mandy and Hannah supported each other the length of the pitch, leading to Hannah scoring her fifth and the final try of the day.
An outstanding performance from Hannah at 13. Amber settled well into her debut at scrum-half. Forward-of-the-match: Hazel Bridges, back-of-the-match: Lizzie Groom.