South Creake FC remain on course for double
South Creake 4, Hunstanton 2
South Creake kept their hopes of a league and cup double alive with this victory in North West Norfolk League Division Two.
Creake started quickly and should have gone a goal up when Dan Studd headed wide when it looked easier to score. But the hosts took the lead when James Page struck an unstoppable free-kick into the top corner.
Creake had numerous chances to go further ahead but some resolute defending kept them at bay. Hunstanton then turned the game on its head, equalising from a long ball forward and then Nathan Boon scoring an own goal from a corner.
The second half was one-way traffic with Creake having fresh impetus. They immediately drew level when Studd’s flick on was missed by everyone and Miak Hallgren rolled into an empty net.
You may also want to watch:
The home side took the lead once more when a corner was kept alive and Matty Cooper rammed the ball home from close range.
Creake then dominated possession and had more chances to wrap the game up. The goal finally came when Dave Peters raced clear and drove the ball into the net.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
South Creake are now top of the table with the final game of the season on Saturday at home against second placed Sedgeford.
GR Hunt MOM: Dave Peters.
South Creake play Discovery Royals in the Division Two League Cup final tonight (7.30 pm) at Beach Road, Wells.
South Creake Reserves visited a strengthened Watlington Reserves in Division Four and were beaten 7-3.
Creake’s goals came from Chris Laskey (2) and Jonny Fisher, while man-of-the-match went to debutant Troy Cobbett.