South Creake FC remain on course for double
South Creake 4, Hunstanton 2
South Creake kept their hopes of a league and cup double alive with this victory in North West Norfolk League Division Two.
Creake started quickly and should have gone a goal up when Dan Studd headed wide when it looked easier to score. But the hosts took the lead when James Page struck an unstoppable free-kick into the top corner.
Creake had numerous chances to go further ahead but some resolute defending kept them at bay. Hunstanton then turned the game on its head, equalising from a long ball forward and then Nathan Boon scoring an own goal from a corner.
The second half was one-way traffic with Creake having fresh impetus. They immediately drew level when Studd’s flick on was missed by everyone and Miak Hallgren rolled into an empty net.
The home side took the lead once more when a corner was kept alive and Matty Cooper rammed the ball home from close range.
Creake then dominated possession and had more chances to wrap the game up. The goal finally came when Dave Peters raced clear and drove the ball into the net.
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 3 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 6 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 7 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 8 Plans for new Fakenham swimming pool and sports pitch revealed
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Council set to sell mobile home site
South Creake are now top of the table with the final game of the season on Saturday at home against second placed Sedgeford.
GR Hunt MOM: Dave Peters.
South Creake play Discovery Royals in the Division Two League Cup final tonight (7.30 pm) at Beach Road, Wells.
South Creake Reserves visited a strengthened Watlington Reserves in Division Four and were beaten 7-3.
Creake’s goals came from Chris Laskey (2) and Jonny Fisher, while man-of-the-match went to debutant Troy Cobbett.