South Creake FC remain on course for double
South Creake 4, Hunstanton 2
South Creake kept their hopes of a league and cup double alive with this victory in North West Norfolk League Division Two.
Creake started quickly and should have gone a goal up when Dan Studd headed wide when it looked easier to score. But the hosts took the lead when James Page struck an unstoppable free-kick into the top corner.
Creake had numerous chances to go further ahead but some resolute defending kept them at bay. Hunstanton then turned the game on its head, equalising from a long ball forward and then Nathan Boon scoring an own goal from a corner.
The second half was one-way traffic with Creake having fresh impetus. They immediately drew level when Studd’s flick on was missed by everyone and Miak Hallgren rolled into an empty net.
You may also want to watch:
The home side took the lead once more when a corner was kept alive and Matty Cooper rammed the ball home from close range.
Creake then dominated possession and had more chances to wrap the game up. The goal finally came when Dave Peters raced clear and drove the ball into the net.
- 1 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 2 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
South Creake are now top of the table with the final game of the season on Saturday at home against second placed Sedgeford.
GR Hunt MOM: Dave Peters.
South Creake play Discovery Royals in the Division Two League Cup final tonight (7.30 pm) at Beach Road, Wells.
South Creake Reserves visited a strengthened Watlington Reserves in Division Four and were beaten 7-3.
Creake’s goals came from Chris Laskey (2) and Jonny Fisher, while man-of-the-match went to debutant Troy Cobbett.